Rainy Day Adventure
I say we have been blessed with rain this summer and I meant it. I'm talking, good rains. Down pours with lots of lightening and rolling thunder. The kind of thunder that shakes the whole house. Some true Southern thunderstorms. I love it! I love how it feels right before a good rain. You get this nice, cool breeze that's always been my favorite.
Well, with Liam and Hyrum (whose game for anything) the rain was not going to ruin their afternoon of play. It felt so nice outside it was just wet. They didn't want to be wet. That's when the lightbulbs popped up over their heads and the adventure began.
Liam: "Mom, we need something to keep us dry so we can go out and play."
I guided him towards some extra garbage bags I don't use any more. The lightbulb faded. He didn't know what to do with a garbage bag. It is true that you would think I would have some rain gear for the boys living in a somewhat rainy climate, but I don't.
Then I got in on the fun, started sizing them up and cutting holes here and there to create a poncho. They found this hilarious and genius. It was definitely a "you're awesome mom" moment.
They had a blast.
I was fully entertained.
Well, with Liam and Hyrum (whose game for anything) the rain was not going to ruin their afternoon of play. It felt so nice outside it was just wet. They didn't want to be wet. That's when the lightbulbs popped up over their heads and the adventure began.
Liam: "Mom, we need something to keep us dry so we can go out and play."
I guided him towards some extra garbage bags I don't use any more. The lightbulb faded. He didn't know what to do with a garbage bag. It is true that you would think I would have some rain gear for the boys living in a somewhat rainy climate, but I don't.
Then I got in on the fun, started sizing them up and cutting holes here and there to create a poncho. They found this hilarious and genius. It was definitely a "you're awesome mom" moment.
They had a blast.
I was fully entertained.
I swear this kid cracks me up.
Marshall didn't mind getting wet. That's was the fun!
Hyrum and his amazing trick.
Comments