Still Summer

Shame on me!  It's been over a month since I've updated the family blog.  Always the best intentions, always.
Here we are in August and I must say the summer has been quite fun, a little lazy, HOT, and now LONG.  Most of the kids in the surrounding areas have started school while we have a little over two weeks before we head back.  I love the idea of starting after Labor Day, but not this year.  Withdrawing the boys from school early to move back in May has made for a long summer, and with no cousins it's starting to get boring.
However, it has been a great summer.  Despite the crazy breaking temperatures at the end of June early July, we have been blessed with lots of rain and lately perfect eighty degree weather.  It has been lovely back-porch-sittin' weather.
This was our last night with the cousins before they started school.  These boys have so much fun together.  Every time the cousins came over the boys always ate on the porch.  It was apparently "so cool."
*You can't tell but it is pouring outside.


Comments