Football/Futbol Time

It's Fall which means two things in our house: sports and good food. 
We love the wonderful American game of football and have already broke in the season with some parties (ribs, dips, sweet potatoes, etc.).  This has been the moment Jarom has waited for since we bought this house.  Football on the big screen. 
Jarom has traveled his first Georgia football game with two of the boys  and our nephew Ryan, just to get home early in the morning, go to sleep, and wake up early to head to church meetings.  Might I add we also have a 25 minute drive to church now.  The sacrifices we make. *very sarcastic voice* 
The humor I find in all this is that in Sacrament meeting today the talks were about our bodies being temples.  Sufficient sleep was brought up several times!  I couldn't help but laugh thinking our ward pianist is blurring through his music (Ryan) and Jarom up on the stand only having about 4.5 hours of sleep.  I got a little chuckle in for myself.
But outside of American football we love our world futbol as well.  Soccer season has begun.  It is a adjustment for us coming into a new program that is run nothing like our old leagues and not even half the size.  Signing the boys up I didn't volunteer to do much not knowing how the system worked.  Now my mother's genes are kicking in (which is she started the soccer rec program in my hometown and ran it for 5 years), and all I can think about is how can I get the program running better/  I annoy the commissioner, I'm sure.  He told me I had a lot of opinions.  Imagine that.  I've started to bite my tongue and just take notes of all things I would like to help with come next season. . . Spring.  Until then, the boys are having a great time.  Tipton has played well and Hyrum has shown to be quite the little player too! 
Hyrum scored 7 goals his first game.  He also has super tongue power.  He runs with his tongue pressed into his cheek and sometimes it looks like his mouth is full of chew.  We get a good laugh.  His most recent game though he played with gum in his mouth.  This was a major deterrent to his skills.  Jarom made him spit it out.



Tipton is really enjoying his team and being one of the best players.  He's been consistent with two to three goals per game.  He has come to the field with a stronger background than many of his teammates and it shows.  He's doing very well.
As for good food you can read about that here.

Comments