Ahhh, routine. . .

My mother beautifying my home with flowers from her garden.
Now that school has started we are finally getting into a routine again around the house.  On Mondays I really miss the boys (that's cleaning day and they were a big help). 
When the boys first started school we were in two different schools but now we have been able to get all the kids transferred into the same school.  It's much closer to us.  We do have to take them and pick them up but it's the best school in the county and one of the best in the state, we felt it was worth the small sacrifice.
Despite the excellent ratings for the school I do find it hard not to compare to their old school.  It too had great performance scores.  The difference is the people.  It amazes me how different.  The boys seem to be adjusting better than me.  The atmosphere has not been as welcoming to parents in the school as I had thought especially in comparison to their old school.  I'm just going to keep trying to get involved and hopefully as I become more familiar the parent/teacher relationship will get better.
Outside of school, things have really calmed down.  We still have soccer and have somehow managed to have company every weekend since football season began.  It's exhausting some days but we have enjoyed all our friends.
Liam has expressed his love for reading and his newest favorite book series is How To Train A Dragon series.  He's now on book five out of nine.  We find him staying up late to read, reading in the car, reading on the back  porch, etc.  Who can complain about their child liking to read?
Marshall has an obsession with shoes.  It's the only thing I can shop for without him whining or trying to run away.  Yet, I've only attempted that once.  I can hear him walking around in my heels right now.
We also got experience in scouts our first Rain Gutter Regatta that you can read about here because I accidentally posted it on my lollyblog.
The pictures really have nothing to do with anything other than just some of the silly things I've managed to catch around the house.

It's hard to tell but I have all four of the boys in my shower.  I was ready to get them to bed FAST and didn't want to wait for them to take turns and all the getting in and out.  Instead we went for a community shower.








Nothing stops this child when it comes to food.  Nothing.

Comments