Rise and Shout, the Cougars are Out!

What an exciting time when BYU heads to the Southeast.  We don't miss a game.  This year they played Georgia Tech.  I was happy to know we didn't have to travel so far this time.  What's even more exciting is seeing, what seems like, every Mormon you have ever known in the South!  It was good to see old friends from our time down at UGA and meeting up with some friends from Knoxville.
We made a nice weekend trip out of the game.  We stayed at the same hotel as Jim and Celeste so the cousins could all hang out on Friday.  The next morning, I dropped Jarom off at the temple for the youth temple trip that morning, and picked up two more kids to watch while their dad was helping with the trip as well.  That makes nine boys I was babysitting that morning in the hotel. 
Liam starts the activities off well with throwing up in the hotel hallway.  We left him in the room and the rest of us went to swim.  Then we headed up to the top of the parking deck at the hotel to play some football and just run wild.  I think the hotel workers (and probably some guest) were happy to see us leave.  It was a wild morning.
Loaded up we started the game with some good tailgating.  I had tried to put all kinds of thought into this pregame activity.  We always go to a BYU game about every year or two and I wanted to come up with my own "Southern" version of BYU tailgating. I wanted to create a menu just for the Blue. Someday.  Jarom's #1 tailgating food is fried chicken.  Church's, fried chicken.  I had suggested something different this time around.  That conversation ended with my suggestion.  I don't think I was clear in suggesting in just for this game because I had this great idea.  I will learn to use my words better next time.  In the end, we ended up getting pizza.  That wasn't either one of our ideas.




I did manage a pea salad (in the place of green jello) and snicker-doodles (because it's the color of a cougar).  The snicker-doodles are now official BYU tailgating food.  They were a big hit!



The tailgating clan, children wise, came up to 13 boys and one girl.  This makes go-to-the-potty-before-we-leave easy.  The place where we were parked made it even easier.  Here in the back corner the fence was cut out and made the perfect spot for us to send all the boys to go pee.  Sketchy but convenient.

 
Finally, we make it to the big game.  It was great.  Georgia Tech probably had more babies and kids in that stadium than they have ever had, thanks to us BYU fans.
 
This is our view from our seats, Downtown Atlanta.  The school campus is very beautiful and you would never guess you were right smack in the heart of Atlanta.  I should mention also that these were the nicest people.  Maybe even nicer than Ole Miss.
 


 
Eventually the stadium filled up and the game began.
 
 



Marshall's mouth is always dirty and poor Hyrum's eyes were so red by the end of the night.  I forgot to give him his allergy medicine.

 

 They were three rows up from us.
 
By the end of the game, BYU was killing GA. Tech and it was getting windy and cold.  Most headed out and home.  However, there remained the few and faithful.
 
The Missionaries.

The dads.


And to end this post justly, I must not forget Madison's ever so bright, hot pink pants.  Apparently, they were spotted by the Owen's family on the other side of the field.  Way to stand out for those Cougars, Madison.
 

Comments