Vegas, BABY!!!!
I was so excited to go on Jarom's business trip with him to LasVegas. I was counting down. It sounds terrible but I was happy to leave the kids. It had been months since Jarom and I had been a date or me having any time alone outside of grocery shopping or quick car rides to do errands. I needed a vacation!
I knew Jarom had plans to go a do a few things but I really didn't care what we did. I was up for sleeping in and happy to not have to be anywhere for any particular time.
I had to fly out of Knoxville while Jarom flew out of Chattanooga. Work pays for him and not for me and that was our best option. I drove up after Tipton's party and stayed at some friends house and then went to the airport from there. We got into Vegas about 45 minutes difference. Then the fun began!
We were starving so what better way to start than with a good ol' burger? Jarom had never had "In and Out" burgers and had heard all the rage for how great this place was. . .we were both disappointed. VERY. They don't know what a good burger is and to find that this place was packed! Just don't get it.
We had to buy some time before we could check in to our hotel. What better way to do that than to drive the strip? By-the-way, we had great weather our entire trip.
Then we remembered one of our favorite shows we watch on the History Channel, "Pawn Stars." We had to go.
More of the strip.
We actually went to the David Copperfield show for Jarom's birthday. It was an excellent show and to top it off Jarom got to participate in the final act, which was a disappearing act. Then Jarom got to meet him after the show, got a picture and an autograph. I'd say it was a good birthday for Jarom (and I didn't even mention his winnings that day).
The Excalibur. . .Jarom had good luck here. . . if you know what I mean? *wink.wink.*
We finally made it to our hotel NewYork New York. Jarom's conference was being held here and I thought it was a fun place.
At night we finally headed out and ready to eat again. This is when all the crazy and pervs are out. We ran into our share. I have to say though, I had heard so many things about how dirty and awful it was, that I had really prepared myself to walk the streets blind with a stick practically! It wan't as bad as I had prepared and was able to keep my eyes opened.
This is the strip all lit up!
Jarom's co-worker and his wife. We are all good friends and have traveled several times together for the men's work.
Our hotel.
We watched the water show and that was very cool.
This is what I call a good buffet. The food was very good and all the options from different cultures was amazing. Yummy.
It was a great first day.
(To be cont. . . )
Comments