Merry Christmas!
It's only a few weeks late but it was Merry still the same.
This year was a great Christmas!
1. I got almost all my shopping done on Cyber Monday and just about everything else was ordered online as well.
2. We still had our annual Christmas party with our Knoxville friends.
3. No naughty list this year, Santa came!!!!! This was probably the best part of Christmas. (It was so sad last year.)
4. It was calm and not as stressful.
5. As always, lots of good food!
The boys hadn't requested much this year. We are an official Lego home and to be more specific, Lego Ninjago. It's all the rage and my kids are right with the hype. Liam spent hours building with excitement. I have taken over the other's building. Quickly I felt like the Master Lego Builder! Ah, but leave it to Marshall to sneak in and destroy these masterpieces. Immediately we found hiding places for the structures. So far so good.
Marshall is at a fun age this year when it comes to gifts. He got the unwrapping part down (not that it's far from most destruction he does). It was so much fun to watch him! This was the year of "tools" for him. The weed eater and vacuum was a hit.
One of the things that was different for us was being close to family. We haven't been close for Christmas for years. It was nice and different to see everyone, well almost everyone, for the holidays. My parents came over that afternoon and we went to Deseret's that evening for a nice Christmas dinner (she out did herself, it was fancy and delicious). We got to see the other cousins that live nearby and enjoy each others company.
It was a great Christmas. It was fulfilling, peaceful, joyful, a blessing.
This year was a great Christmas!
1. I got almost all my shopping done on Cyber Monday and just about everything else was ordered online as well.
2. We still had our annual Christmas party with our Knoxville friends.
3. No naughty list this year, Santa came!!!!! This was probably the best part of Christmas. (It was so sad last year.)
4. It was calm and not as stressful.
5. As always, lots of good food!
The boys helped decorate the trees one night when Dad was gone. We jammed to Christmas songs and had a great time.
I took out the hideous fake flowers in the "indoor" window and put in some pretty poinsettias.
Our "big" tree from our previous home didn't seem so large in our new home. At first, I thought we have to buy a new tree this just looks un-proportional! After a week, I decided my thoughts were greedy and need to be happy with what I have. I ended up loving the tree. I don't know if I'll get a bigger one or not.
Our traditional Christmas Eve dinner, lasagna with soft drinks and fancy table setting.
I was excited for my boys to make the "Nice" list this year to make Christmas more fun but simply to not hear my kids fighting. Such a nice memory. Jarom was a great help with this because this year he was able to have a little over a week off and spend to time with the family. I can definitely say we had peace this Christmas.The boys hadn't requested much this year. We are an official Lego home and to be more specific, Lego Ninjago. It's all the rage and my kids are right with the hype. Liam spent hours building with excitement. I have taken over the other's building. Quickly I felt like the Master Lego Builder! Ah, but leave it to Marshall to sneak in and destroy these masterpieces. Immediately we found hiding places for the structures. So far so good.
Marshall is at a fun age this year when it comes to gifts. He got the unwrapping part down (not that it's far from most destruction he does). It was so much fun to watch him! This was the year of "tools" for him. The weed eater and vacuum was a hit.
One of the things that was different for us was being close to family. We haven't been close for Christmas for years. It was nice and different to see everyone, well almost everyone, for the holidays. My parents came over that afternoon and we went to Deseret's that evening for a nice Christmas dinner (she out did herself, it was fancy and delicious). We got to see the other cousins that live nearby and enjoy each others company.
For once, Jarom didn't know what I got him and he liked it! He enjoys a nice cup of European hot chocolate everyday at work now.
It was a great Christmas. It was fulfilling, peaceful, joyful, a blessing.
Comments