Because

I don't know how many times growing up I would get asked something and answer, "Because."  I don't how many times NOW I ask my kids a question and I get the answer "Because."  As if this is an answer?  It drives me crazy!
Today however, my child used the word BECAUSE in a way that was very profound to me and I had to get it down to make sure I never forget.
Today, Hyrum got up to bear his testimony for Fast and Testimony meeting during sacrament.  That alone made me feel good to see him be brave and do such a thing at the age of FIVE on his own.  As he started you would expect the norm. . ."I'd like to bear my testimony, I know the Church is true. . ." which isn't a bad thing, but instead he didn't say those almost generic words but words that struck me and I found very profound.  He said, "I WANT to bear my testimony BECAUSE I love God."  Then he said a few other things using the word "we" instead of "I" but it didn't matter.  How he started made me feel so proud as a mother! 
It's amazing how such simple, small words can make such a difference in the effect and meaning of a statement.  It was almost as if he was saying I HAVE to bear my testimony, this is what you do when you love God and want to show Him.  Whatever was going on in his mind and feelings in his little heart, I don't know.  I do know it touched me.
And as a mother side note, there are days, like today where I dont' believe Hyrum has got a reverent bone in his body.  It is a battle at church keeping him quiet.  Then he says things like that and Heavenly Father pulls me back in to remembrance, "And it came to pass. . ."  Hyrum's getting it.

Comments