The Newest Addition

Larry.  Larry.  Larry.
I'm not a pet person but I wan't going to win this battle if I tried. 
Four against one, we were getting a dog.
It has required way more time than I would ever like to give to something I find unnecessary.
But he's growing on me and the family.
Well me and the kids.
It was love from the beginning with Jarom and Larry.
We have suffered through weeks of biting, fences not working properly, and potty messes.
The boys have taken on their roles to care for Larry very well.
Now we deal with minimal biting and maximum hole digging.
Massive amounts of chewed up things such as strollers, footballs, shoes, gloves, carseats ( I can not say Marshall travels legally) and cable wires, water hoses and pretty much anything left outside that you don't want harmed, he's chewed it.
He has officially found his hiding spot for bones and his toys.  For a few days we couldn't find anything.  He was nesting them all in his secret spot. 
Now that we found the secret spot, he's not so possesive.
He's full of energy and has trained quickly. . . for the most part.
Marshall loves him.  He talks to him everyday.
Marshall feeds him everything he's eating.
With that, we've learned Larry doesn't like cashews or dried cranberries.
Larry lets Marshall tug, pull and torture him.
Larry always lets me know when Marshall is heading to the neighbors or attempting to take a stroll through the neighborhood.
That I am thankful.
In the end, I actually pet the dog and don't mind him so much.
I could live without him but I see I can live with him.




Comments

The Mama said…
I am so glad Larry is growing on you! What fun for your boys! Just curious, who came up with the name Larry?