Spring Break
This past Spring break probably doens't go down in history as the funnest break but it was a break and we needed one. Jarom had to work down in Atlanta, so we took advantage of the that and headed down with him.
He took one day off and we went to Six Flags. This was a first for all of our kids but Liam. I was pretty nervous. I wasn't sure how this was going to go because I didn't know if there was enough for the little guy (Marshall) to do.
No need to worry there!
I spent most of the day with Marshall and Hyrum. Jarom with the older boys so they could ride all the rollercoasters. Marshall was a good sport and Tipton wasn't the biggest fan of the roller-coasters. We managed to last for most of the day without Marshall having any major breakdowns, but the moment lines started getting longer it got exhausting. Marshall wasn't a fan!
In the end, I passed the gang to Jarom and went with Liam to ride one last ride before we left. We waited in line, made it almost to the front, then it rained. Yep, and roller coasters don't run in the rain. So much for the ride.
We headed to the hotel Jaromwould be staying in for work the next day and settled in for the evening. Of course, not without a fun swim for the night. That was an educational experience! We learned one of our boys notices girls more so than our others. : )
The next day, while Jarom worked, Spring Break kind of took a downturn. It rained all day. We went to a museum that was small and lacking in interest. I made the kids move very slowly throughout the place. Between driving around downtown to find things to do and not being successful, the boys were surprisingly good spirited. We landed at Chick-fil-a and the kids played for a good two hours.
It was low key and we headed home after Jarom's conference. It was a long, gloomy drive.
It was nothing fancy or extreme this year but better than nothing.
He took one day off and we went to Six Flags. This was a first for all of our kids but Liam. I was pretty nervous. I wasn't sure how this was going to go because I didn't know if there was enough for the little guy (Marshall) to do.
No need to worry there!
I spent most of the day with Marshall and Hyrum. Jarom with the older boys so they could ride all the rollercoasters. Marshall was a good sport and Tipton wasn't the biggest fan of the roller-coasters. We managed to last for most of the day without Marshall having any major breakdowns, but the moment lines started getting longer it got exhausting. Marshall wasn't a fan!
In the end, I passed the gang to Jarom and went with Liam to ride one last ride before we left. We waited in line, made it almost to the front, then it rained. Yep, and roller coasters don't run in the rain. So much for the ride.
We headed to the hotel Jaromwould be staying in for work the next day and settled in for the evening. Of course, not without a fun swim for the night. That was an educational experience! We learned one of our boys notices girls more so than our others. : )
The next day, while Jarom worked, Spring Break kind of took a downturn. It rained all day. We went to a museum that was small and lacking in interest. I made the kids move very slowly throughout the place. Between driving around downtown to find things to do and not being successful, the boys were surprisingly good spirited. We landed at Chick-fil-a and the kids played for a good two hours.
It was low key and we headed home after Jarom's conference. It was a long, gloomy drive.
It was nothing fancy or extreme this year but better than nothing.
Comments