easter


This was a two day celebration for our family.
It's been a while since we have been near family for Easter.  I had mixed feelings about it all.  One, it was great to be with family and do the traditions that they have carried.  Two, I kind of missed our own little family traditions we had started.  The worst part was I never dyed eggs with the boys this year, blasphemy!


It first started with the tradition of the Smartt family, Grandmother's grand Easter egg hunt!  This was Marshall's first year hunting eggs.  He didn't do too hot.  His cousin Analise seemed to have it down and collected probably double the amount of eggs than him. 





Grandmother giving money and candy for eggs collected.

Next, the older grandkids hunted.  Hyrum did fair.  Tipton not so well (he had some reason he did poorly but he usually has a reason for everything that doesn't go in his favor. . .this has not been a good year for him).  Liam hit the jackpot, lots of eggs, the silver egg, the golden egg, and he guessed the closest amount of jellybeans in the jellybean jar.  He totaled I believe, $23 that day.


Sunday, actual Easter, fell on my Dad's birthday.  It was kind of a two-fold celebration there.  I was too busy stuffing my face to even take pictures.  That should be enough to verify a good time.  Sometimes my mom worries about whether we like what she prepares but the food seems to always disappear, I think that should fix her worries.

After singing to my dad all the kids did their egg hunt.  This year it was pretty funny, the boys got more than just candy inside!  Mom had hidden the eggs earlier so she wouldn't have to worry about it later.  Well, she buys the good chocolate stuff, and that good chocolaty goodness doesn't like heat, but ants sure like melted chocolate!  We got a good laugh and still managed to save most candy (most of it was pre-wrapped).  Ever holiday should have a good memory or story!

Comments