Kid Projects

This year has been the school year for projects.  As a parent I find these somewhat a pain just because I don't want to spend the time on one more thing.  But in all truthfulness, once I get started my creativity kicks in and I try my best not to do their projects for them.  I do like to add "suggestions" to making their projects a little better.  In the end, I do love art and seeing my boys' simple masterpieces complete and what they create (even if it is done at the last minute).

This was Tipton's habitat for an opossum.

Liam's animal and plant cell (that he told me about the day before it was due).
 
This one Liam did on his own. The only thing I helped with was to tell him where Daddy's shoes and socks were.  It was so funny I wish we would have left it when we had a housing showing on April Fool's day.  That would have been a good laugh!


Ah, the Pinewood Derby.  Tipton literally waited until the day of to complete this project.  I had tried to help him a few days in advance but he wasn't too motivated.  Odd for a competitive boy who has a REALLY hard time losing.


We should have known being labeled car 13 was a bad omen.  Let's just say this race went really badly.  I felt bad for him because Liam's cars had always done so well.  What kid doesn't think their car is awesome and is going to win?  He was pretty devastated.  He didn't win a single race.  There are some projects that can't be left to the last minute.  Lesson learned.

 

Comments