st.patty's day
This is a little overdue. Better late than never, right?
I'm already hitting a dry spell on my blog but I'm still about to pass up the amount of post I made last year. It's crazy enough just trying to get through my everyday life with five kids, then trying to write it down. . .I'm not giving up.
But I digress. . .
Saint Patrick's Day! Oddly enough, I get really excited about this holiday. I don't drink and that's pretty much what most of this holiday's celebration is about now-a-days. I love it anyway. It's an unexplained importance that I celebrate this day.
I think it's in my blood, literally. I'm not full blooded Irish but I come from a long history and line of Irish and I'm convinced those lines run deep. I've done a bit of my genealogy. My great-grandfather was full-blooded Irish and was known for his red hair. I grew up hearing about my "Irish" surname, seeing coat of arms and clovers around the house. It's like a crazy bond that never left the bloodline. It's something I have always taken pride in.
I'm digressing again. . .
What better way to celebrate than with corned beef and cabbage? It's an essential dish and since Jarom doesn't like it I only get to enjoy it once a year. For my kids and Jarom's sake, I made sausage and cabbage. I invited my parents to come and my mom brought her corned beef cabbage with some cornbread. I love them both (and had about 3 helpings)!
The meal was great and my parents came decked out in their St. Patty's apparel. They enjoy the holiday as much as me. I was glad that they were able to come and celebrate our heritage. Though I had all these other things planned it never happened. The company was all that was needed.
"If you are lucky enough to be Irish. . .You are lucky enough!"--Irish Proverb
I'm already hitting a dry spell on my blog but I'm still about to pass up the amount of post I made last year. It's crazy enough just trying to get through my everyday life with five kids, then trying to write it down. . .I'm not giving up.
But I digress. . .
Saint Patrick's Day! Oddly enough, I get really excited about this holiday. I don't drink and that's pretty much what most of this holiday's celebration is about now-a-days. I love it anyway. It's an unexplained importance that I celebrate this day.
I think it's in my blood, literally. I'm not full blooded Irish but I come from a long history and line of Irish and I'm convinced those lines run deep. I've done a bit of my genealogy. My great-grandfather was full-blooded Irish and was known for his red hair. I grew up hearing about my "Irish" surname, seeing coat of arms and clovers around the house. It's like a crazy bond that never left the bloodline. It's something I have always taken pride in.
I'm digressing again. . .
What better way to celebrate than with corned beef and cabbage? It's an essential dish and since Jarom doesn't like it I only get to enjoy it once a year. For my kids and Jarom's sake, I made sausage and cabbage. I invited my parents to come and my mom brought her corned beef cabbage with some cornbread. I love them both (and had about 3 helpings)!
| Grandpa and Bret |
| I forgot about our green eggs for breakfast! |
"If you are lucky enough to be Irish. . .You are lucky enough!"--Irish Proverb
Comments