BYU Fun

I'm going to do a little mix up here, since I pretty much died in the blogging world last year. 


REWIND
Every year the BYU Alumni chapter of Chattanooga has a big golf tournament and raises money for the local kids that want to attend BYU or BYU-Idaho.  The fun part is BYU usually sends some big name football players to come and visit and Jarom's family is usually the host.  Lucky for us, last year while his parent's were still on their mission we got be the host!
Max Hall was who they sent and Jarom was pretty excited!  I honestly had no idea who he was, but it's still fun to say I had a former NFL quarterback, now quarterback in CFL stay at my home.
He was pretty busy with the Alumni but still made time to visit with us.  He was a fun character, especially when the kids were in bed and it was just the three adults talking.  We made him a full blown Southern style dinner one night (sweet potatoes, okra, beans, biscuits, tomato slices. . .who knows what else I made).  In the morning we introduced him to grits because he said he had never had them before and he would like to try them.  I'm not sure he was a fan but he ate a whole bowl!  I wouldn't let a man starve so I made sure to have back ups. 
He played football with the boys and was kind enough to even take an early morning picture with them.  I wish the pictures had turned out better, it was night time.  Photography is not my forte.







Right before we left for school that morning and took Max to the airport.


Funny story:  Jarom and Max left early in the morning to head out to the airport so I had to take the boys to school.  I get back and realize Max left his cell phone on the kitchen table.  Believe me, it was tempting to look at all his contacts. . . just kidding, I would have never!  It was funny.  So they had to turn around and meet me.  It was morning school traffic and I thought I would never make it to the meeting point in time and they make it to the airport.  Finally, Jarom just up the road from me parked in some one's driveway and Max ran across the road to my car to grab his phone.  If only people knew an NFL star was in the road!


FAST FORWARD
This year we didn't get to host the BYU guest but went to Phil and Gloria's for Family Home Evening and dinner.  This time's guest was Fui. . .something.  He was Tongan, big and one really nice guy.  It was great to hear him talk about his mission and the gospel in front of the boys.  We had a great time visiting.
But wait, what's a visit without some football? 





These were taken with my phone trying to zoom in. . . not so great.
Marshall and Papa hanging out on the "sidelines" watching the boys play.  Marshall will do anything to ride in the golf cart.

 
 Bret chillaxin' with Aunt Celeste.

All I can say is we look forward to next year!





Comments