Seven!
Oh, Hyrum!
He was counting down for school to end because he knew his birthday wasn't many more days away.
His birthday fell on a Wednesday.
Not the best day.
His older brothers had church as well as extended family members whom he wanted to invite,
And he shares a birthday with Madison.
What do you do?
Party all week!
Wednesday we had his requested dinner chicken divan...or casserole as he calls it.
We made him wait all day to open his presents.
That evening we celebrated with Madison at their place.
His dessert request, red velvet cake and orange sherbet.
Friday, we celebrated again with Grandma and Grandpa.
Hyrum is a focused boy.
He puts his mind to one thing and doesn't deviate.
When he was smaller it was all about Thomas the Train now it's all Disney Cars.
That's all he ever wants and where he currently spends his money.
Yet, when he's done, he's done.
Thomas lasted about 3 1/2 years.
Cars, so far, 2 years.
While I'm typing this he sitting here telling me what Cars he still wants.
Hyrum is persistent.
When he wants to really do something he doesn't stop 'til he's got it!
Once, he was determined to make a Grade A on a dance Wii game.
He was horrible.
He hadn't passed a single song.
He decided to do the training course.
The boy has little rhythm. . .so I thought.
He played that game for three days straight doing the same routine until he got an A,
and he did.
Then he got another dance video game.
Masters a song and then moves to the next one.
Then he got a karaoke machine.
Same thing.
Taught him a song on the piano.
Same thing.
He loves to sing and dance (though he says he doesn't).
This boy is persistent.
Competitive.
He is NOT.
I did tell his coach how goal oriented he seemed to be,
Next things we know he's scoring goals all over the place!
He saved his team in the championship game this year.
With the result of champion!
He loves playing soccer and being outside in general.
He is the sweatiest kid I know.
Most days, if I didn't know better, I would think it rained every time he comes inside from play.
But I do know better and it's gross.
I make him bathe and he hates it.
He's a sneaky little fella.
He falls right into the pecking order.
Making Marshall cry on a regular basis.
Yet, he likes to give the look of
I'm-a-cute-redhead-how-could-I-ever-do-wrong look.
I does make me give a double take and refocus.
He is silly.
He has taken more pictures of himself with my camera, phone and computer than you can imagine.
Good Ego.
He loves his baby brother, Bret.
He doesn't like to work. :)
He is one fast dude.
He can eat more food than most kids I know, maybe even some adults.
Hyrum is no doubt a blessing in our lives.
He keeps us smiling.
I've always believed he lives up to his name and is a good brother.
What a fantastic boy he has become and we are grateful to be his parents.
We love you, Hyrum.
Happy Birthday!





Comments