Back in Session

School is officially back in full-speed.  A routine is slowly coming into order. It's good to back in school.  I think we were all ready.

First Day--2014
 
 




Breakfast is a big deal around our house.  I try to have cereal only twice a week if possible.  Hyrum still prefers oatmeal over cereal (once the Cinnamon Toast Crunch is gone).  Our decided first day breakfast this year was cobbler.  I know, does that count as breakfast?  It's our favorite in the morning.  Really anytime.  It's got fruit!  I served it with eggs.  It was balanced.

One problem, I didn't wake up in time to make cobbler.  Man that 6:10am is deathly.  Considering cobbler requires an hour to bake I had to come up with a plan B fast.

Cobbler muffins, voila!  They were yummy.  I just bumped that oven up to 400 degrees and cooked them for about 20 minutes.  Same recipe over half the time.  Saved myself from the "worst mom" award for the day.  Whew!



Since I'm on the topic of food, I also attempted my own homemade frozen biscuits.  I was skeptical, considering you don't save a lot of money doing it yourself.  I wanted to try the same. 
Not. Too. Bad.

I made two batches that made about 32 biscuits.  Cooked it just the same as I would fresh.  They looked a little different but the taste and texture had no difference.  I love biscuits.  I want some now that I'm typing about it.  Hungry anyone?

Comments