"Great" Birthdays
This year in the same week Jarom and I celebrated birthdays for two important people in our lives.
My great aunt, Hilda, and his grandmother, Marney.
These women are both amazing women.
Aunt Hilda (my great aunt) turned 93 and she is always laughing that she never thought she'd live this long! She still drives and lives fairly independently. She is still sharp in the mind and can tell a quite the stories of history. She is one classy, southern lady.
My great aunt, Hilda, and his grandmother, Marney.
These women are both amazing women.
Aunt Hilda (my great aunt) turned 93 and she is always laughing that she never thought she'd live this long! She still drives and lives fairly independently. She is still sharp in the mind and can tell a quite the stories of history. She is one classy, southern lady.
![]() |
| We had a nice luncheon for her birthday. October is always a perfect time to eat outside. We were too busy eating to get a picture of all of us! |
Marney is a smart, hard-working, soft spoken, house-cleaning lady. It seems crazy but I bought her a broom one year for her birthday since it was on Halloween. You know, "the witch and her broom." I was hoping she wasn't insulted but she actually loved it for cleaning! I don't know her as well as I wish, but I know she has a great bloodline of fine and beautiful people. I married one of them!
![]() |
| Jarom, Gloria, Marney, Celeste, Jared, and Deseret |


Comments