Another Lost Treasure...

Here's another post I started and never finished.  It's definitely old because it was during the days of Larry, our dog.  I know have pictures to go with this somewhere.

There are days I should have named Marshall, Dennis, as in Dennis-the-Menace.  He is into something all the time! 
Some of his most recent adventures is standing at the door with the dog yelling, "No!" and "Stay!" acting as if he is comfortable on the inside with Larry on the outside.  The moment I turn away he opens the door.  I'll get on to him and say not to let the dog in the house but he will do it over and over again with this smirk on his face stating clearly he knows what he is doing.
Another one is cleaning.  This should never be something to complain about and I am finding Marshall has some OCD characteristics.  That makes me nervous. . . not to digress. . . he loves cleaners, especially if they spray.  I will find him with glass cleaner spraying everything.  Most of the time, on the up side, he can spray the glass doors a hundred times in the same place over and over and never get tired,  It's just training him not to spray anywhere else.
If he spills some water he cleans up better than any of the other boys.  He likes it so much though that he keeps spilling to keep wiping it up.  He is very thorough.  I hope it stays with him but doesn't become his obsession.
After not letting him play in the dishwater while I wash dishes, because he A: makes a big mess and B: found a straw and started drinking the dishwater, I introduced him to the small sink on the island.  Thinking this would distract and let him play in some water for a bit he would be happy.
I fueled the fire.
He was distracted.  He was happy.  He was even happier when he discovered how to turn on the faucet and fill the sink.  He was happiest when he learned the faucet could move and water could run on the countertop and onto the floor like a waterfall.  It was a mess and now everyday I have to keep getting him down from the island and stop playing with the sink.  Drinking dishwater sounds so mild at this point.
He loves hand sanitizer, nail clippers, and pockets.  He hates shoes and socks.  Anytime we are in the car he is quick to have them off.  I just keep socks and his shoes in the car at all times but most of the time so I don't lose any in the store we go barefoot.  That seems crazy in 30 degree weather but it's just not worth the battle or hassle.

Comments