Growing Fast

(This post was never finished and was found in the lost world of drafts.  I  have no idea what was on my mind at the time but I figured I'll never finish it, just post it.  So I did.)

I know it's cliché, but time has really flown the past couple of months and the boys have grown just as fast.  I just can't keep up!
3/27/14
The other day, while I was changing the sheets, I was thinking about how Marshall has acted since Bret arrived.  Daddy is his favorite.  It has taken weeks for him to adjust not being just him and me.  For a couple of weeks I would have someone over with kids his age come play or send him to my mom's.  Neither were a good decision.  If you have a newborn in the house and now three year old patience is the only answer.   I decided he could no longer go anywhere until he got use to not having all the attention.  It's been a rough week.  Almost every morning he has woken up crying because he didn't get to say goodbye to Daddy.  For several weeks now he has claimed I wasn't even his mother but Jarom was his father.  It's been interesting to say the least.
Today though, marked a new day.  He entertained himself for a little bit, became my shadow again as I worked, and we made some game time for the two of us.  I'm finally his mother again.  He didn't cry for most of the day!  Oh, I believe in miracles.

3/30/14
I can't believe Bret is already two months old.  It baffles me how easily I still remember the day he entered this world and yet by calendar days it seems so long already.  In those first months it's picture overlaod.  Even number five is not forgotten! 
Bret, so far has been a great baby.  Probably my best!  I have just jinxed myself I'm sure.   Never, I mean NEVER have I had a baby sleep through the night before two months.  He's happy, rarely spits up, and so easy to love.  I could see why Marshall might be a little jealous.  It's hard not to give all my attention to Bret.  When he smiles at me. . .what mother doesn't love that?

Comments