Happy New Year!

It's my usual so-many-weeks-late update,
but it's being recorded and that's what matters.
 
We know how to party!
 
This year we hosted the Smartt's New Year's annual party.
This tradition use to be a Christmas gathering.
Things change.
This is our second year and I think we are on to something.
 
Jarom has started to take over my role as the game planner.
I will admit he does a great job.
Games. Fun.  Entertaining.
We definitely have these things in common.
 
Our evening was planned up to the moment the clock struck
MIDNIGHT.
 
Eat.
Grandkids unwrap presents from Papa and Grandmother.
Adults play the Chinese Gift Exchange.
The Newlywed Game.
Karaoke (starring Deseret).
Eat some more (after all it was Jim's birthday as well).
Polar Bear Plunge.
 
It was a houseful.
It was a blast!
 

 Kids' game and presents.


 
There was A LOT of candy given out that evening!
 
Marshall aka Red Power Ranger Samurai, Jadyn.
 
The Chinese Exchange. 
Jarom really added some craziness to the game with lottery tickets.  Fifty dollars worth of lottery tickets. It was even more shocking when Gloria stole them from him in the game.  Oh, if only I had my camera for Phil's face! 
 
The Newlywed Game.
For the newlywed's Jared and Sandra.
They actually won.

This was interesting with several of the little kids hanging out to listen to the questions. 
A good bit of blushing, bad answers, shocking answers, and many good laughs.


Nothing like having nephews VOLUNTEER to change your baby's diaper.
Timothy is welcome back anytime. :)

Karaoke!
I was laughing too hard to get Deseret in the spotlight.
 
The Polar Bear Plunge
 (you can find the video on the link).
The whole evening was building up to this moment.
When the clock hit midnight,
we all jumped in the pool.
There were many crazy kids
and a few adults
who participated.
It. Was. Cold.
I didn't think I could get out!
You could see the steam rising off all the bodies when we got out.
Towels and wet footprints and clothes everywhere.
It just added to the fun.
Did I mention it was cold?
It was a little wake up to keep us going for another hour plus.
That's when the dancing broke out.
 
Here's to a great 2015,
Happy New Year!!!!
 
 
(Natalie, Zach, Anna, Timothy, Ryan, Jacob, Lance, Madison, Maggie, and Marney)
 

Comments