Happy 1st!

Happy, happy birthday
Bret!
 
It is truly hard to believe that Bret is ONE.
Speaking as a mommy,
it's bittersweet.
I took an overload of pictures.
As in,
more pictures I've taken of all my kids' birthdays
put together.
That many pictures.
 
 
His birth still clear in my mind.
Scary day.
That we are celebrating a year,
with one happy, go lucky, lovable boy.
Happy day.
 
 
The celebration went in stages.
First, Grandma brought by a gift the day before his birthday.
 

 
Second, his actual birthday.
We covered our standard tradition of buying balloons at the dollar tree.
His favorite meal.
(This was fast Sunday, so I went out on a limb guessing and pleasing the "fastees.")
Broccoli and pasta.
Close second, sweet potatoes and green beans.
He eats green beans EVERY DAY.
Then dessert.
Cupcakes.
 

Funny story:
I was late getting everything ready to start our fast.
An hour late.
Jarom was ready to have dessert.
I had not iced the cupcakes yet.
He saw that there was white stuff in the mixing bowl.
It was kind of runny.
Jarom's words,
"It looked like an icing you would make."
This is true.
I make terrible icing.
I'm a pretty bad baker in general.
I digress.
He takes the, what-he-thought-was-icing,
and spread it all over his cupcakes.
He didn't want to wait.
It was thin and. . . runny.
I assumed the cupcakes were still hot.
They melted the icing.
Au contraire!
I got up to ice the rest of the cupcakes,
with the REAL icing.
I was confused.
Did I mention I had not made all the cupcakes?
Yeh, that white runny stuff in the mixer...
BATTER.
Jarom put cake batter on his cupcakes!
Enough batter to make me short of two cupcakes.
Oh, it was too funny.
 
 
After we cleared that up, we got ready to sing.
First thing Bret does,
Touch the flame.
Singing Happy Birthday was ugly.
He cried the whole time.

 
He recovered.
 

Our other tradition for their first birthday,
haircut.
His mullet was going away.
He was going to be a little boy.
Input sad face.
 



 
Third, Fast Sunday with the Smartt family.
We celebrated at Jim and Celeste's.
We celebrated Lance and Susan's birthday too.
Big families.
There's always something to celebrate.
 

 
Bret's got eating cupcakes, down.


 
Bret, is one happy baby.
He cuddles.
Cries very little.
Travels well.
Sleeps well fairly well.
Loves the toilet!
Taking baths.
Anything to do with water.
Being outside.
Walking.
Stuffed animals.
Hit people in the face.
Loves to be picked up.
Says Da-da, Ma-ma and Nigh-nigh.
Jibber-jabbers constantly.
Being picked up.
Getting in his brothers' things.
Going up and down the stairs.
 
Bret is truly a wonderful blessing.
We can't imagine him not in our family.
We love you, Bret.
Happy Birthday!


Comments