Let It Snow

February last year was an exciting time.  The most snow our kids had ever seen.  It wasn't fully expected and caused a great deal of chaos.

That leads to over-cautious February this year.  February was showing to have some freezing rain, then ice, then snow.  It was wishy-washy.  Schools weren't taking a chance.  The kids have had one day of school in two weeks.  Out of those cancelled school days we finally got one good snow.  I think my kids thought school may be over, permanently.  If my house had a brain, I think it would wish my kids were gone permanently.  I would never think such a thing, but if my house could, it would. . .I'm sure.

THE TEASE:




Then we had the Freeze.  There is an interesting story about that night, the 20th of February, to be exact, Tipton broke his arm.  That is worthy of it's own post.
Not much ice here, but our neighbors and friends in Knoxville got slammed.  We watched videos of our friends for days ice sledding.  We may not get snow or ice much, but when we do we've got the hills to have fun.  They aren't the rolling hills of Tennessee for nothing!
As you can imagine the standard procedure of stocking milk, eggs, bread was necessary and stores were a nightmare.
Then several days of useless missed days of school extreme precaution, we woke up to this:






February did not disappoint!  Not to mention, I can't ever recall having two years in a role, where we have had this much snow fall.  It was fun!  I even got out and went sledding with the boys.

Enjoying snow cream.  I hadn't made this in forever, but it was yummy.  Even if we were cold.



 
And we can't forget Bret.  "Technically,"  this isn't his first snow but he was only two weeks old last time and I was still in recovery.  This is his first snow.  He wasn't very well dressed because I hadn't planned to actually take him outside but for a second.  He loved it!




 


 His little hands were freezing so I brought him inside.  HE SCREAMED.  So, we suited him up better, found one glove (that he threw off) and headed back out.


The fun thing about our house when it snows are the steep pitches of our roof.  Snow slides down them and leaves big piles of snow.  Roof poop. (The one on the front of the portico is the worst.)


 

Comments