Busch Gardens

Day 2

Finally, something Liam could enjoy.  We have tortured him up to this point apparently. *rolling eyes*

 
Busch Gardens-Williamsburg is a neat place.  They had it all setup like you were moving from one country to the next.  Unfortunately, they were pretty cautious with their rides, so Tipton didn't get to ride quite as much as we planned (he still had his cast on).  The "over cautious" idea ran into many of the kiddie rides, as well.  I found it a bit annoying.  However, there was still plenty to ride and do and we had no problem spending the whole day there.

England
 
 

 Pompeii/Old Italy


 
New Italy
 
Germany
 This was the largest area of the park with rides for everyone.  They had mini bumper cars, which I believe, Marshall rode at least 6-7 times in a row.  This was one of the favorite roller coasters an the best 4-D ride we've ever been one.
Marshall also decided at this point he was free to roam and could do whatever he liked.  I think he wandered off from us two-three times and once it took a while to find him.  He had helped himself to a ride.  He seriously test our patience and parenting sometimes.
This is also the place I dropped my phone AND camera in to the water.  The phone had to eventually have the battery replaced and my camera never recovered.  I feel slightly lost without my camera because my phone one isn't that great.
 










 Sesame Street Land
This is where I spent most of my day.  It had rides for Marshall and Bret.  Even better they had a live show with Elmo and his friends.  Bret was almost paralyzed from excitement seeing all the characters.  He loves anything soft, furry and cuddly with eyes.  He was so fun to watch.
 

Not my child....



 
France
This was the Gryffin.  The best ride in the park and that we have been on before. 
 
 It just held you up there to dangle for a few seconds before it dropped.
 

 And it was a long ride making it even better.
 
Funny story about this ride...at least now it's funny:
I hadn't ridden really any ride all day (watching Bret) so Jarom said I had to try the Gryffin and the line was short.  It was going to be the last ride of the day.  We left Liam in charge to watch over the boys.  You can probably guess the rest.
Someone pushed someone else, one of them got hurt and scraped up, hit his head, and the other boys all had different storied of how it came to be.  Classic.
We come off the ride to find women and men surrounding our ever dramatic Marshall, wet paper towels, a cup of ice, band-aids and a worker asking if I need to call for medical assistance.  And of course, several dirty looks. Oh brother!
I think we were ready to strangle them right in front of everyone.
Calling it a day, I was still glad Jarom had me ride the Gryffin.



















Comments