Crazy Eight!
One more child has turned eight in our house which means another baptism.
This is always an exciting time.
It's the first major covenant they make with the Lord and always there is something that seems to keep getting in the way.
In this case, Hyrum!
Hyrum has tested the waters in preparation for baptism. Sometimes we have to wonder where his mind is!
For his eighth birthday we let him have a party and invite friends. He was super excited. . .because he wanted presents. More specifically, money. That boy loves money and spends it almost as quickly as he gets it. (This is one of the reasons we don't do birthday parties.) He loved getting his gifts but thankfully, he loved being with all his buddies even more.
Did I get a single picture? NO. I really need to get a camera.
I was proud of myself as I had actually planned this party fairly well and everything under control. We fed them dinner and then drove Hyrum and all his friends over to the church for his baptism (Jack, James, Oliver, Charlie, and Ashton).
We served refreshments afterwards with all the family. There's always some glitch like, the DVD not working while their changing clothes (Hyrum and Jarom), or Bret eating over a dozen Oreo cookies, or the family picture that Bret is missing. It's all just minor issues in the end when I ask Hyrum what was his favorite part of his birthday, and he answers, "My baptism."
That makes all things better.
This is always an exciting time.
It's the first major covenant they make with the Lord and always there is something that seems to keep getting in the way.
In this case, Hyrum!
Hyrum has tested the waters in preparation for baptism. Sometimes we have to wonder where his mind is!
For his eighth birthday we let him have a party and invite friends. He was super excited. . .because he wanted presents. More specifically, money. That boy loves money and spends it almost as quickly as he gets it. (This is one of the reasons we don't do birthday parties.) He loved getting his gifts but thankfully, he loved being with all his buddies even more.
Did I get a single picture? NO. I really need to get a camera.
I was proud of myself as I had actually planned this party fairly well and everything under control. We fed them dinner and then drove Hyrum and all his friends over to the church for his baptism (Jack, James, Oliver, Charlie, and Ashton).
That makes all things better.
Hyrum can be spacey, silly and messy. His competitive side has kicked in and the age of driving younger brothers crazy has also become a regular occurrence. Despite all that, he still makes us laugh, smile, and he always wants to help with Bret.
One of the funny things he said just the other day, was about a gift for Jarom on Father's day. He wanted to wrap his present, but it never happened. Hyrum said, "I'm not very good at wrapping."
I jokingly responded, "Wrapping like gifts or rapping like a singer."
His reply, "Wrapping gifts."
"So you are good at rapping like rappers?"
"Well, yeah." Hyrum stating the obvious.
He cracks me up.
Some of Hyrum's favorite things right now:
Minecraft
Stack the States and Stack the Countries
He just loves his tablet.
Swimming in the pool and soccer.
Torturing Marshall (He set a goal to go four months without making Marshall cry. I'm not sure he's made it over four hours.)
Orange sherbet is still his favorite ice cream
He doesn't like school or chocolate (for the most part)






Comments