Already 11
It really is hard to believe Tipton is ELEVEN!!! It's true, they just keep growing. I've almost forgotten what he was like when he was small.
This year has been an "eventful" year to say the least. He broke his first bone...make that bones.
There are variety of stories from several point of views, back in February, when it happened. He was with his Ward Cousins, because with the snow and ice we could not drive to pick him and Liam up. They were going to have to stay the night.
For goodness sake there is snow, so of course they are going to play in it! According to Tipton, "he didn't want to." Apparently, "there was nothing else to do and they made me." Note: Tipton HATES playing in the snow. However, I have my doubts that he didn't just join right in. Then, they convince him to sled down the hill by himself. They finally convinced him to do it. As the most reserved of the gang (Ryan, Zach, Kevin, Liam and Lance), his first ride down and sure enough he breaks his arm. Only Tipton.
The funny part is hearing the cousins stories--Zach telling him to be quiet, not to cry, they don't want to get in trouble. Ryan saying to suck it up, be tough, he will be fine. And my other impression is the other boys were thinking the same. I'm right there with them. I probably would have said the same.
Then Tipton removes his glove.
I only wish I could have seen their faces and heard their responses. Apparently, Tipton went hysterical at this point. Oh, poor Jim and Celeste!
Is it sad that I'm trying not to laugh the whole time I tell this story?
Long story, short. We get a call around 10 that night. That's never good and to the ER Jarom goes.
6:00am they arrive home the next morning. Tipton was pretty doped up and slept most of the day.
With missing the soccer in the Spring he was ready full force for the fall. He made the U12 Academy team and had a new coach, he was serious business. What a great learning experience for Tipton. In the end, just a week and a half before his birthday, on Halloween, his team travelled to Knoxville and WON the tournament.
For Tipton's 11th year, he is 5th grade, in the Student Council, loves playing soccer, football, and basketball. He loves to read and write. It's not uncommon to find him with a book. He also loves to check football sport stats and going to Georgia football games with his dad. His best friend is Chipper and his quite the chatter box in class. He is definitely one-of-a-kind and our family would be empty without him.
Happy birthday, Tipton!
This year has been an "eventful" year to say the least. He broke his first bone...make that bones.
There are variety of stories from several point of views, back in February, when it happened. He was with his Ward Cousins, because with the snow and ice we could not drive to pick him and Liam up. They were going to have to stay the night.
For goodness sake there is snow, so of course they are going to play in it! According to Tipton, "he didn't want to." Apparently, "there was nothing else to do and they made me." Note: Tipton HATES playing in the snow. However, I have my doubts that he didn't just join right in. Then, they convince him to sled down the hill by himself. They finally convinced him to do it. As the most reserved of the gang (Ryan, Zach, Kevin, Liam and Lance), his first ride down and sure enough he breaks his arm. Only Tipton.
The funny part is hearing the cousins stories--Zach telling him to be quiet, not to cry, they don't want to get in trouble. Ryan saying to suck it up, be tough, he will be fine. And my other impression is the other boys were thinking the same. I'm right there with them. I probably would have said the same.
Then Tipton removes his glove.
I only wish I could have seen their faces and heard their responses. Apparently, Tipton went hysterical at this point. Oh, poor Jim and Celeste!
Is it sad that I'm trying not to laugh the whole time I tell this story?
Long story, short. We get a call around 10 that night. That's never good and to the ER Jarom goes.
6:00am they arrive home the next morning. Tipton was pretty doped up and slept most of the day.
First cast. The anorexic arm.
The new hard cast. He would miss all of Spring soccer.
Finally, almost 3 months later, he got have his cast removed. It was gross. Stinky. I will spare details but Tipton didn't wash that hand, I learned, the entire time it was in a cast. *Let your imagination run wild.*
With scouts he completely boycotted the Pinewood Derby, but put his efforts into the cake design for the Blue and Gold banquet.
His was the best. I'm not being bias, promise. 100% Edible.
Unfortunately, they decided to award every entry. Talking about bursting a kids bubble.
Don't even get me started on participation awards.
With missing the soccer in the Spring he was ready full force for the fall. He made the U12 Academy team and had a new coach, he was serious business. What a great learning experience for Tipton. In the end, just a week and a half before his birthday, on Halloween, his team travelled to Knoxville and WON the tournament.
It's becoming a tradition to receive a candy bouquet for birthdays around here. It was Tipton's first request.
Requested meal: Chicken bundles, French bread, and broccoli.
Dessert: Dad's Chocolate cake
For Tipton's 11th year, he is 5th grade, in the Student Council, loves playing soccer, football, and basketball. He loves to read and write. It's not uncommon to find him with a book. He also loves to check football sport stats and going to Georgia football games with his dad. His best friend is Chipper and his quite the chatter box in class. He is definitely one-of-a-kind and our family would be empty without him.
Happy birthday, Tipton!












Comments