Christmas 2016

Another Christmas has gone by and boy was it a big one!
Jarom said I wasn't doing the shopping this year and I wasn't having my Christmas party.  He was putting all the money towards the boys.  Not even Christmas cards.  I'll keep all my thoughts on that for another time.  What I can say, was whether it was an intentional gift for me or not, it did make my load light and helped me enjoy the season with not having to worry about much of anything.  Christmas should be relaxing.
I still worried and didn't like not knowing what the kids were getting, but it was still fun!

Testing out my new camera!





Finally put some clothes on.




The weather for Christmas was unusually warm, as in, almost record breaking warm.  We were chilling in the mid 70's most of December.  Snow was not even close to the forecast! Instead of sleds we were going to need boats.  I thought the rain may never end.  And it wasn't just rain it was MAJOR thunderstorms.  One evening it shook our whole house about four different times during the night constantly waking me up. I was sure the kids would be scared but most slept right through it.  Lightening everywhere and going on for hours.  The thunder would roll and rumble for minutes at a time.  No short booms.  I can never recall such thunderstorms in my life, especially not in December. 

The rain had poured all day Christmas, but finally the clouds parted and the sun came out the day after.  Still enjoying the warmth the boys could head out and test out some of their new toys.

Marshall got a new battery for his John Deer.  Now he can "get back to work."

Tipton never has been a fan of the toys that require much "physical" effort (like a bike).  But Santa brought him something electric and that changed everything.

Apparently, he was hot. ;)

 
Once again, another blessed and successful Christmas.  I am grateful. 

Comments