Happy New Year!
The annual Smartt Family gathering continues on as we ring in the New Year together. This is our second year hosting it at our place and I really enjoy doing it. However, after the "incident" they may not want it at our place again!
Read on...
As always, there is loads of good food and the traditional game of exchanging gifts with the adults. For the past 3 years we have included karaoke and I am going to be bold enough to say that it has become a tradition. This year we decided to follow in the trend of TV and have our own lip-sync battle. I was excited but skeptical. I wasn't sure if anyone would participate.
We had a full show!
I only have a few pictures and maybe I can collect some more to add on later. I was still learning how to work my camera, so the pictures aren't the best, but better than nothing. A big congrats to Liam and Kevin, who worked hard and performed their two performance AMAZINGLY, and won the first Smartt Family Lip Sync Battle. They received a golden microphone.
This year we were enjoying some extra company--Madison's beau Jared and we welcomed back Aman, Katherine's beau. This was not Aman's first experience with the family but Jared got thrown right in there and survived. I'd say he's a keeper. Maybe we will see him next year????
Though I planned other games to pass the time, one I didn't plan was the break in of everyone's cars. The "incident." It provided a lot of excitement, worries, frustration and entertainment for the night! We tried to hunt them down in the neighborhood; we disturbed neighbors; caught our criminals partially on camera; several people called 911 and we had a visit from the cop. This was probably the MOST exciting part of the night for Marshall. It was all like a reawakening for the evening!
Nothing puts a damper on our party, oh no. We still managed to catch the ball drop and celebrate the New Year. Round 2 was just getting started. We ate more food, had a few rounds of "minute to win it" games and finished off with Karaoke.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Read on...
As always, there is loads of good food and the traditional game of exchanging gifts with the adults. For the past 3 years we have included karaoke and I am going to be bold enough to say that it has become a tradition. This year we decided to follow in the trend of TV and have our own lip-sync battle. I was excited but skeptical. I wasn't sure if anyone would participate.
We had a full show!
I only have a few pictures and maybe I can collect some more to add on later. I was still learning how to work my camera, so the pictures aren't the best, but better than nothing. A big congrats to Liam and Kevin, who worked hard and performed their two performance AMAZINGLY, and won the first Smartt Family Lip Sync Battle. They received a golden microphone.
Though I planned other games to pass the time, one I didn't plan was the break in of everyone's cars. The "incident." It provided a lot of excitement, worries, frustration and entertainment for the night! We tried to hunt them down in the neighborhood; we disturbed neighbors; caught our criminals partially on camera; several people called 911 and we had a visit from the cop. This was probably the MOST exciting part of the night for Marshall. It was all like a reawakening for the evening!
Nothing puts a damper on our party, oh no. We still managed to catch the ball drop and celebrate the New Year. Round 2 was just getting started. We ate more food, had a few rounds of "minute to win it" games and finished off with Karaoke.
| The music was load and the singing was pretty bad, but when you are tired nothing wakes you up. |
| Jarom and Deseret didn't participate in the lip-sync battle. Karaoke is their thing! |
| Someone won a strobe light in the gift exchange game and that was quickly added to our evening to set the tone. It just keeps getting crazier every year. |


Comments