Finally Five
Marshall has been beyond excited for this birthday! He has been talking about turning FIVE and going to school for months now.
He told me that I could invite everyone, even the whole church! Everyone could come to his birthday! He also informed others that they could buy anything for him, as long as it was cheap! Oh, Marshall.
We made him narrow it down.
The most important person to be there for him was his Uncle Matt. He HAD to be there. Last year, Matt wasn't able to make it and Marshall has never forgotten. Two hours before having people over to celebrate, he wanted to call and make sure Matt was on his way. He says Matt is his favorite uncle. Sorry to the other 11 uncles, but his decision has been made.
Well, we finally worked it out for an evening that some family could come over and celebrate his big day. We went to the Dollar Tree for our traditional $1 balloons, that he picked out and got some other little decorations. Then we had his requested meal, pizza. It was almost time for dessert. He could hardly wait...but he had to. Company wasn't until 7:00 and it was only 6:30. What does he do? Ask me to take pictures while he poses.
That's Marshall.
I don't even know where to begin to describe Marshall.
I leave you with just a few Marshallisms:
First off Marshall is a talker. Once, he noticed that ice cream and ice had the same word in it. Therefore, they must be the same. His words, "That's amazing."
The other day we were looking at pictures and some were prior to his birth. His words, "Oh that was when I was dead."
Marshal always ask me if I "remember" things. For example, Bret injured his fingers badly. I left to take him to the doctor because we were afraid he would need stitches. When I got home:
Do you remember that time when I got stitches? (He has never had stitches.)
Me: No
I got bit by a dog on my face and had to get stitches. The dog was 300 pounds. I almost died (I don't remember but he may have actually said he died.)
Me: I don't remember that.
That's because you weren't born yet!
I hate three things--ants, witches, and ghost but not the Holy Ghost kind.
(On our way to church one Sunday morning)
Mom it would be cool if you hit a tree. Please???
Me: No. I then explained why it would not be a good idea to just hit a tree.
Be believing! We can just walk.
I've decided I don't like anyone in the family. I only like myself!
I hate doing chores. I don't want to do chores. I only want to watch movies, play Mario Kart and play on the computer. That's it.
(Driving home from picking up the boys from school.)
Mom can I fly out of the car?
Me: No you cannot.
C'mon it would be so fun. Anybody dare me?
(Conversation with friend in the car.)
Friend: When I grow up I'm going to space.
When I grow up, I'm getting a new family and there will be no kissing allowed!
Asking Marshall: What's 9+10?
21 weiners
He told me that I could invite everyone, even the whole church! Everyone could come to his birthday! He also informed others that they could buy anything for him, as long as it was cheap! Oh, Marshall.
We made him narrow it down.
The most important person to be there for him was his Uncle Matt. He HAD to be there. Last year, Matt wasn't able to make it and Marshall has never forgotten. Two hours before having people over to celebrate, he wanted to call and make sure Matt was on his way. He says Matt is his favorite uncle. Sorry to the other 11 uncles, but his decision has been made.
| Matt made it. |
That's Marshall.
| Marshall really wanted a wallet to carry his money because he lugged around this big piggy bank for his change. He also wanted lots of dollars to go to the Dollar Tree. |
- He loves 100% undivided attention.
- He's a touchy-feely kind of fella.
- He loves to ride his bike, do work out in the yard, and ride the powerwheels.
- He loves to go stay the night with family. He will stay with anybody, just so he can get some attention. (I promise he really isn't that deprived at home, but he would make you believe it were so.)
- Marshall can tell stories like I've never heard before. He has a wild imagination!
- He also just simply says funny, crazy things. I call these Marshallisms. He keeps us entertained regularly.
- He is full of emotion and expressions. There is never a dull moment with this child.
- He loves fixin his hair all spikey.
- He changes clothes at least three times a day.
- Marshall can be sweet and loving and five minutes later threaten you with some crazy attitude.
- His favorite foods are corndogs and pizza and cereal.
- He has one volume for his voice--LOUD.
- Life without Marshall would be calm. Life without Marshall would be BORING.
I leave you with just a few Marshallisms:
First off Marshall is a talker. Once, he noticed that ice cream and ice had the same word in it. Therefore, they must be the same. His words, "That's amazing."
The other day we were looking at pictures and some were prior to his birth. His words, "Oh that was when I was dead."
Marshal always ask me if I "remember" things. For example, Bret injured his fingers badly. I left to take him to the doctor because we were afraid he would need stitches. When I got home:
Do you remember that time when I got stitches? (He has never had stitches.)
Me: No
I got bit by a dog on my face and had to get stitches. The dog was 300 pounds. I almost died (I don't remember but he may have actually said he died.)
Me: I don't remember that.
That's because you weren't born yet!
I hate three things--ants, witches, and ghost but not the Holy Ghost kind.
(On our way to church one Sunday morning)
Mom it would be cool if you hit a tree. Please???
Me: No. I then explained why it would not be a good idea to just hit a tree.
Be believing! We can just walk.
I've decided I don't like anyone in the family. I only like myself!
I hate doing chores. I don't want to do chores. I only want to watch movies, play Mario Kart and play on the computer. That's it.
(Driving home from picking up the boys from school.)
Mom can I fly out of the car?
Me: No you cannot.
C'mon it would be so fun. Anybody dare me?
(Conversation with friend in the car.)
Friend: When I grow up I'm going to space.
When I grow up, I'm getting a new family and there will be no kissing allowed!
Asking Marshall: What's 9+10?
21 weiners
Comments