I'm Allergic To Snow
Spring is in full force now and summer just around the corner, but I want to talk about snow.
We didn't get much this year. It was disappointing. Yet, when the few 1-2 inches did finally show up we were thrilled. We will accept any white covering.
Hyrum is always first to hit the cold. Marshall is not far behind. Neither take the time to dress for the occasion. Resulting in some cold bodies fast and extra wet clothes. Ugh! I finally convinced them to put on some of those ski-bibs (is that what they are called?). Marshall still managed to go through about 5 pairs of gloves...some still missing to this day.
Liam became the "Pullman." He hauled everyone on the sled. This was a new concept for Bret.
It wasn't technically his first snow, but one that he could actually get out and play. When he saw the sled, he hopped right on...all the wrong way.
After a few rounds of showing Bret how it was done. We finally convinced him to try it out on his stomach.
There was no going back. The videos are classic.
To top off the day, we all came back inside, enjoyed some apple cider and warm back up by the fireplace, except Marshall. He was just getting started. We have new neighbors and one of their daughters is his age and they are best friends. He headed right that way. After about the fifth glove change, he resorted to putting anything on his hands--socks, toboggans, whatever would fit.
About an hour out in the cold, busy playing, he could no longer handle the pain. He comes in crying, nearly screaming, "Help me, Mommy. My hands hurt so bad. Something's wrong. I must be sick. I think I'm allergic to the snow!" There was no convincing that kid that this is the result of not dressing properly and that's what happens when you get cold. He still claims to this day that his hands are "allergic to snow." (Just another Marshallism.)
Tipton never left the house.
We didn't get much this year. It was disappointing. Yet, when the few 1-2 inches did finally show up we were thrilled. We will accept any white covering.
Hyrum is always first to hit the cold. Marshall is not far behind. Neither take the time to dress for the occasion. Resulting in some cold bodies fast and extra wet clothes. Ugh! I finally convinced them to put on some of those ski-bibs (is that what they are called?). Marshall still managed to go through about 5 pairs of gloves...some still missing to this day.
Like I said, we will accept any snow. It may look like a dusting but it provided enough fun for an hour or two.
|
It wasn't technically his first snow, but one that he could actually get out and play. When he saw the sled, he hopped right on...all the wrong way.
It may not have been cold enough to keep snow on the ground for longer than a few hours but it was still FREEZING!
We could not get Bret to turn on to his stomach.
|
After a few rounds of showing Bret how it was done. We finally convinced him to try it out on his stomach.
There was no going back. The videos are classic.
To top off the day, we all came back inside, enjoyed some apple cider and warm back up by the fireplace, except Marshall. He was just getting started. We have new neighbors and one of their daughters is his age and they are best friends. He headed right that way. After about the fifth glove change, he resorted to putting anything on his hands--socks, toboggans, whatever would fit.
About an hour out in the cold, busy playing, he could no longer handle the pain. He comes in crying, nearly screaming, "Help me, Mommy. My hands hurt so bad. Something's wrong. I must be sick. I think I'm allergic to the snow!" There was no convincing that kid that this is the result of not dressing properly and that's what happens when you get cold. He still claims to this day that his hands are "allergic to snow." (Just another Marshallism.)
Tipton never left the house.
Comments