Strawberry Jelly

I love my parents garden. 
It's beautiful.
Each year my dad plants a few more things and the garden just keeps getting better.
One of those beauties would be strawberries. 
My parents had those things growing like crazy!
I picked as many as I could.
We couldn't eat them fast enough. 
I thought this year I would try to be a little more domestic and venture out and make my own jelly.  It didn't seem to complicated.


 It wasn't complicated at all.  Just took a little time.
 We mashed A LOT of strawberries.  A LOT.
 And yet, when it was all mixed together with the pectin and sugar we only managed 5 1/2 measly jars.  That was a bit disappointing. 


Until we ate some. 
No more disappointment.  It was so good. 
 It never fully jellified as I had anticipated but the taste was still perfect.  It was more like a strawberry sauce you would use on crepes and ice cream and yogurt and with sliced bananas...and we used it on all of those.  :)
The disappointment returned.
We were all out of jelly! 

Comments