The title sounds like a funeral, because sometimes it feels like a funeral when you have to say goodbye to good friends.
The Bonus Brothers go way back and it has been a cherished friendship that we have worked hard to keep together with us moving away from Knoxville. But now another Bonus Brother couple is being relocated and moving even further...Utah. It's times like these that I am grateful for modern technology.
For one last hurrah, we invited the Bonus Brother families down to our place and had a massive sleep over. Nothing fancy, but lots of time to just visit with each other and eat. Lindsey (whom we call Lucky) had just donated a kidney. I know, right? She is simply that kind of person. She was in pain, but suffered for the sake of one last get together.
Every one had things going on the next morning, so we are all in pajamas hanging out, not making much effort to get where we needed to be. I had to be at the fields early that morning. I rushed back as soon as I could. I was so worried that they would be gone before I got back and that I wouldn't get to say goodbye. I was on the verge of tears. To my relief they were all still there when I got back!!!! Whew.
 |
| P-Diddy and She-Diddy (say that three times fast), so we call her Queen Jen. |
 |
| This picture captures what these three guys are like together. Always having fun. |
 |
| We have known each other and been friends since before HALF of these kids were born. It's hard to believe. |
 |
| Such unflattering pictures, but that's just how comfortable we are with each other. This friendship is true love, if there is such a thing. |
Many tears were shed, lots of long embraces. It's hard to say goodbye but we wish Prime Time and Lucky the best in Utah. May a little piece of the South stay with you. We love you!
Comments