Cumberland Falls
I convinced Jarom that we should go camping over Fall Break. I love the Fall and weather around this time. The boys did nothing but complain at first about going camping and didn't know why Dad insist we camp! They were baffled to find that it was me THEIR MOTHER who suggested going camping. I get a kick out of it every time.
The plan was to go to Helen, GA because I heard so much about this cute town and the great camping/hiking areas. This is true but it is also probably the most expensive camping EVER. We could find hotels cheaper than some of the sites available. October is their busiest month, since it's Oktoberfest and all the leaves are changing. Most camping areas were completely booked. Crazy.
So we went with plan B--Cumberland Falls State Park in Kentucky. There was no disappointment. Our campsite was decent and near the bathrooms. The hikes were great and the waterfall was so beautiful. I would go back in a heartbeat.
The older boys thought it was fun (though they may never admit it) and Marshall and Bret loved it. Bret still talks about going camping and seeing a waterfall. It's worth every memory made.
Another little bonus...we had to take a rental because I hit someone's vehicle pulling out of the garage. Okay, that's not the bonus part, that's the embarrassing awful part that greatly hiked my auto insurance. The bonus was the rental. It was a nice minivan. The kids thought it was awesome! SO MUCH SPACE. After having the minivan it was very hard to go back to the Enclave. It felt so cramped. LOL
(Update, we eventually got a minivan)
The plan was to go to Helen, GA because I heard so much about this cute town and the great camping/hiking areas. This is true but it is also probably the most expensive camping EVER. We could find hotels cheaper than some of the sites available. October is their busiest month, since it's Oktoberfest and all the leaves are changing. Most camping areas were completely booked. Crazy.
So we went with plan B--Cumberland Falls State Park in Kentucky. There was no disappointment. Our campsite was decent and near the bathrooms. The hikes were great and the waterfall was so beautiful. I would go back in a heartbeat.
| This boy loves to have his hands in sand, dirt, or anything with texture. |
We attempted some glow-in-the-dark bowling. Fun time.
The older boys thought it was fun (though they may never admit it) and Marshall and Bret loved it. Bret still talks about going camping and seeing a waterfall. It's worth every memory made.
Another little bonus...we had to take a rental because I hit someone's vehicle pulling out of the garage. Okay, that's not the bonus part, that's the embarrassing awful part that greatly hiked my auto insurance. The bonus was the rental. It was a nice minivan. The kids thought it was awesome! SO MUCH SPACE. After having the minivan it was very hard to go back to the Enclave. It felt so cramped. LOL
(Update, we eventually got a minivan)







Comments