39

I rarely do a full blog about Jarom, but he is closing in on his thirties and will soon head into a new decade.  It's hard to think I met this fella almost 20 years ago!

It was not a big event, as I ended up just recovering from being sick and recovering from Tipton's birthday and the Smartt fast Sunday gathering.  I feel he may have just gotten the leftover of excitement, which was almost zilch.

Getting gifts for Jarom is hard.  He pretty much buys what he wants leaving little room to come up with any surprise.  Jarom is also very simple and needs little to keep him happy*.  (Sounds like another person in our family...like father like son.)

I made him his request of leg quarters.  I NEVER make these, but I bought a meat thermometer in hopes that would help with better cooking judgement.  I love the thermometer BUT it didn't help in this situation.  The chicken still took FOREVER to cook.  I was sure I would have the whole meal ready on time.  Nice thinking.  It's the thought that counts, right?  We had all the meal and then 30-40 minutes later we had the chicken.

I realized too that we had not made dessert.  Jarom always makes the sweets around our house.  He's the cake master.  I had to think fast and work fast.  We whipped up some brownies and I even made homemade whipped cream (one of his faves).  It was all delish, except for the candle wax melted on top!  Hyrum was a little slow in lighting all THIRTY-NINE of those candles.

 
 

Hyrum can be very thoughtful.  He is giving and he gave his Daddy $5 for his birthday.  Marshall followed suit but didn't have that much, so he gave him a $1. 

Though it all sounded like not much of a birthday, I hope that Jarom felt all the love that was felt for him in trying to make his day special.  He is greatly admired by all his little creations. They always look forward everyday when he gets home to greet him with a hug.  He is a great father and husband.  And he looks pretty good to be 39!  We love you Daddy.
 

 *Update: I later found out he bought himself a pair of headphones that cost almost $200 for his birthday.  I don't feel guilty one bit for not getting him anything.  :)

Comments