TWELVE
Twelve years.
Tipton is 12.
It's hard to believe.
This is a big year of a birthday--they get a party and receive the Aaronic priesthood.
The Party:
Tipton has quite the posse. He couldn't narrow down who all he wanted to invite. ;) He manage to keep it to about 8 boys. He wanted to play a football game, eat dinner and dessert and then watch a movie. We had boys everywhere! And they found plenty of other things to do that Tipton didn't plan. It was crazy night up until about 10:30. It was the perfect birthday to Tipton. (He did have one friend come after football, because he wasn't very good and Tipton didn't want him to be left out.)
The Meal:
Tipton continues to request Chicken bundles. His favorite meal ever. I rarely make it, so then he loves it more. It is not the cheapest option when feeding a bunch of mouths, but it was a hit because I didn't have a single leftover. I did throw in some veggies...it was all eaten too.
Dessert request for this year was Daddy's chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. It's become quite the favorite among the family and one of Jarom's specialties.
The Talk:
Don't worry, I'm not talking about "that" talk. Though that is probably over due. I will leave that to Jarom. I'm talking about giving a talk in church. Since Tipton is now 12 he was asked to speak in church on gratitude. It was a proud mommy moment and somewhat humorous. Tipton is a very confident child and seemed to have no nerves when being the youth speaker. Though these talks tend to be very short, usually less than 5 minutes, Tipton managed to fill all his time plus some. He can talk (he may have gotten this trait from his mother...). He did a great job. He hardly even read a single word. He looked at the congregation 90% of the time. He's a natural. He also talked about how we should give thanks for our gifts. He gave some examples: his gifts were knowledge, athleticism, and making friends. Gotta love it. He's so matter-of-fact. I only wish I could have recorded it.
Tipton always adds a little life to the home. He is not contentious and tries his best to control his temper. He is self disciplined. He loves to read and thinks books are the best gifts. He lacks in tact and can be a real "smarty." Though, it drives me crazy, I find his personality very entertaining. Tipton is thoughtful. He hates to do the dishes and manages to avoid most chores. If I'm giving work assignments, it's not uncommon to find that Tipton has suddenly disappeared. Tipton LOVES skittles. He loves sports, especially football and soccer. He is a fan of the Patriots (NFL) and Lakers (NBA). He finds joy in learning and has deep understanding of the scriptures. He remembers the things he learns well. Tipton is very frugal with his money and very low maintenance. He's easy going and enjoys drawing. He wants to be an architect when he grows up.
I cannot imagine life without Tipton. He definitely keeps things interesting. A great learning experience. I can't wait to see all the many things he will accomplish.
Tipton is 12.
It's hard to believe.
This is a big year of a birthday--they get a party and receive the Aaronic priesthood.
The Party:
Tipton has quite the posse. He couldn't narrow down who all he wanted to invite. ;) He manage to keep it to about 8 boys. He wanted to play a football game, eat dinner and dessert and then watch a movie. We had boys everywhere! And they found plenty of other things to do that Tipton didn't plan. It was crazy night up until about 10:30. It was the perfect birthday to Tipton. (He did have one friend come after football, because he wasn't very good and Tipton didn't want him to be left out.)
The Meal:
Tipton continues to request Chicken bundles. His favorite meal ever. I rarely make it, so then he loves it more. It is not the cheapest option when feeding a bunch of mouths, but it was a hit because I didn't have a single leftover. I did throw in some veggies...it was all eaten too.
Dessert request for this year was Daddy's chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. It's become quite the favorite among the family and one of Jarom's specialties.
The Talk:
Don't worry, I'm not talking about "that" talk. Though that is probably over due. I will leave that to Jarom. I'm talking about giving a talk in church. Since Tipton is now 12 he was asked to speak in church on gratitude. It was a proud mommy moment and somewhat humorous. Tipton is a very confident child and seemed to have no nerves when being the youth speaker. Though these talks tend to be very short, usually less than 5 minutes, Tipton managed to fill all his time plus some. He can talk (he may have gotten this trait from his mother...). He did a great job. He hardly even read a single word. He looked at the congregation 90% of the time. He's a natural. He also talked about how we should give thanks for our gifts. He gave some examples: his gifts were knowledge, athleticism, and making friends. Gotta love it. He's so matter-of-fact. I only wish I could have recorded it.
Tipton always adds a little life to the home. He is not contentious and tries his best to control his temper. He is self disciplined. He loves to read and thinks books are the best gifts. He lacks in tact and can be a real "smarty." Though, it drives me crazy, I find his personality very entertaining. Tipton is thoughtful. He hates to do the dishes and manages to avoid most chores. If I'm giving work assignments, it's not uncommon to find that Tipton has suddenly disappeared. Tipton LOVES skittles. He loves sports, especially football and soccer. He is a fan of the Patriots (NFL) and Lakers (NBA). He finds joy in learning and has deep understanding of the scriptures. He remembers the things he learns well. Tipton is very frugal with his money and very low maintenance. He's easy going and enjoys drawing. He wants to be an architect when he grows up.
I cannot imagine life without Tipton. He definitely keeps things interesting. A great learning experience. I can't wait to see all the many things he will accomplish.
Comments