Coronavirus

It's been almost to the tee, 3 years since I have blogged.  I've actually missed it and was hoping that once all the kids started back in school (because I don't have any children at home with me this year) I would be able to get back in to a routine of blogging, family research, sewing, creativity...who was I kidding?  Free time didn't seem to last long.

Until this past week.

In January, a virus called the Coronavirus, strand Covid-19, broke out in China and quickly spread throughout the entire nation.  It quickly became a pandemic and shut the whole country down.  From there it began to spread all around the world.

It's now in the United States and all over the world.   It has put many countries in a lockdown, we are slowly moving in that direction.

Last week, they officially closed all the schools and the boys went to online learning/classrooms for school.  The plan is to return on April 6th.
 

 

 


Church has closed without a specific timeline as to when we will return.  General Conference, no one can attend, except a few and choir.  That may even change.

We are attempting what's called "social distancing" throughout the nation to slow down the spread of the virus.  Many fear that our hospitals cannot accommodate for all those that may need care if we continue to do nothing.  It's sent many people into mass hysteria and of course, turning everything into a political issue.

Toilet paper was in the highest demand of all things.  I had to wait in line outside the Costco before it opened to guarantee that I could get at least one pack of toilet paper.  Of all things, toilet paper.  It blows my mind.  Slowly though it has crept into the groceries--especially, pastas and other quick meal items.  I am thankful for the stock of food I have on hand and our food storage.

So far, we have managed well and survived our first week of at home learning.  We set a pretty flexible schedule, but at least its a schedule.  I have enjoyed this time more than I thought I would.

Comments