Week 5...
Easter Sunday night set the tone for this week. Parts of Fort Oglethorpe, East Brainerd, Ooltewah, Cleveland and Murray County were hit by a tornado. We knew the winds were strong, but we went to bed and never took shelter, and we actually have an underground shelter!! I am very grateful that we were not effected. However, to wake up to hear of so much devastation. Much of downtown Ringgold and East Ridge were underwater due to the storm. It was the highest I'd ever seen the water.
Many people lost their homes and power was out every where. Power is still out for some. All digital learning was canceled for the week.
Jarom being the Elders Quorum President has been busy helping coordinate some groups to get out help the members that were affected in the path of destruction. He took Tipton and Hyrum to help one day and today I was able to take them to help at another family.
As I pulled into the Holly Hills subdivision it was like every house was missing something. Trees and debri everywhere you turned. It brought tears to my eyes as I was driving through. The pictures just didn't do justice to what we were seeing. We arrived at the Robinson's home. They had completely had the roof blown off their home. We got a lot of things cleaned up and moved to the curb. It was so sad when we would find a baby shoe, toys, or even a hymn book. It was so sad, but also there was happiness as you looked around and saw people help cleaning up in every yard or people driving around to give water to workers, and another area had food to give out to the now homeless families.
Trials bring people closer together and closer to God.
*One of the perks to helping this week was getting to get out and see people. Today was the first time some of my boys have left the house in weeks. We got to see friends and family. I got to see Zach, who had to come home from his mission early due to the virus, for the first time! We didn't worry about social distancing at all. Nobody was, because it just wasn't important anymore. It was a nice relief. Now I can handle another few weeks in the quarantine lifestyle if needs be. I know the Lord watches out for His people. Just as we have studied all week about service and King Benjamin's message about being the service of our God, I have great faith we will not get the virus from this work.
Many people lost their homes and power was out every where. Power is still out for some. All digital learning was canceled for the week.
Jarom being the Elders Quorum President has been busy helping coordinate some groups to get out help the members that were affected in the path of destruction. He took Tipton and Hyrum to help one day and today I was able to take them to help at another family.
As I pulled into the Holly Hills subdivision it was like every house was missing something. Trees and debri everywhere you turned. It brought tears to my eyes as I was driving through. The pictures just didn't do justice to what we were seeing. We arrived at the Robinson's home. They had completely had the roof blown off their home. We got a lot of things cleaned up and moved to the curb. It was so sad when we would find a baby shoe, toys, or even a hymn book. It was so sad, but also there was happiness as you looked around and saw people help cleaning up in every yard or people driving around to give water to workers, and another area had food to give out to the now homeless families.
Trials bring people closer together and closer to God.
*One of the perks to helping this week was getting to get out and see people. Today was the first time some of my boys have left the house in weeks. We got to see friends and family. I got to see Zach, who had to come home from his mission early due to the virus, for the first time! We didn't worry about social distancing at all. Nobody was, because it just wasn't important anymore. It was a nice relief. Now I can handle another few weeks in the quarantine lifestyle if needs be. I know the Lord watches out for His people. Just as we have studied all week about service and King Benjamin's message about being the service of our God, I have great faith we will not get the virus from this work.


Comments