Normalcy is in the horizon (week 10)

This past week we FINISHED school!  A lot of people online showed their kids doing last day celebrations...I'm not that cool.   Technically, the last day still isn't until the 22nd but no more work is being assigned.  We are DONE.  Hallelujah!

For us, Summer Break has begun.

Today we would have left for our vacation driving up to Maine to go to Acadia National Park (20 hours).  It would have been our longest drive yet as a family since New Mexico (23 hours).  Obviously, this isn't happening.  Maine still has some big restrictions, such as any out of state travelers must quarantine for 14 days and hotels aren't letting any out-of-state travelers stay.  Not to mention, the national parks aren't opened yet.  We don't know when or if we will get to do this trip this year.

The brights side of things is our state, Georgia, has opened up just about all business and things are starting to get busy again.  The stores are trying to keep some order, by marking which way to go down an aisle (that I'm confident only 1% follow--I made my boys); marking 6 feet markers when standing in line, and wiping down all the buggies before you go in the store.  Most of these things I hope they just keep.  It actually makes perfect sense.

I haven't gone out any more than before but I've let the boys go to the store with me (still one at a time) and to grandparents' houses to stay the night.  That was the most exciting for them.

Then, I allowed them to go to the neighborhood kids' homes again.  Marshall is our friend maker and takes every opportunity to play with the other kids.  Our home was the hangout for the week.  Whether it was a round of football, riding bikes, hide-n-seek, or swimming--they were all at our place.  It's been a liberating change of pace.  The weather was perfect with clear skies and warm weather.  They found a turtle and frog and that lasted a couple of days until they mysteriously disappeared.





The younger boys got to end their week at Grandma and Grandpa's.  They waited all week to to go camping with Matt up at his cabin in the woods.  They love going up there to camp.  Then they head down to the pond at the bottom of mom and dad's property.  What every little country boy should experience.  They were stinky, gross and tired by the time we picked them up!

This was a very good week.

Comments