Week 9--Open Up, Wrap It Up
It's May, and just as if the kids were in actual school, summer fever is working it's way through the household. Bret and Marshall hit their breaking point last week and now we are in survival mode. It's been so hard to keep them focused and to finish all of their work within a decent time. My Seminary students, it's taken every bit of bribing that I have to keep them focused to finish it up. The older boys are doing good but I can tell two are getting restless with not just digital learning but school in general. I would say this is pretty much the norm for any school year so it shouldn't feel much different but there at school driving someone else crazy. This time it's me. :)
Today is Mother's Day and it's been the nicest weather that we've had this whole week. This past week felt like fall in the middle of May, but today the sun is shining and it hasn't been too hot with a nice breeze. I've tried to spend just about every minute that I could sitting outside. I guess I should be spending out with all the boys, and I did play a few games, but I just can't waste a perfectly good day sitting outside. I couldn't convince any of them to come out side to hang with me except for Bret. We played some Prophet Concentration and Crazy Eight. I read a little bit and browsed Pinterest to think of all the ways I can change my house...you know, the norm.
Jarom and the boys fixed me a some dinner--whatever they could find and few of Jarom's add-ons: biscuits, french fries, fried bananas, leftover chicken pot pie, and probably whatever else needed to be eaten in the fridge.
This past week with my walks I noticed a lot of birds of variety of birds. Apparently, they've enjoyed the cooler weather. We have two Robin's that are trying to take over our home. They are very entertaining! They have continuously tried to build a bird nest on our front porch and get really mad when we sit on the porch. Now that they can't build their bird's nest because we keep moving it, they decided they would use our pool as a bird bath. I'm imagining in their minds they're saying, "take that."
Today I also tried to make a little more effort to make our home church a little more special. I had seen and heard what some others had been doing and thought it was a good way to set it apart. I cut some flowers and took a desk, set it up with a white table runner so it could be prepared for the sacrament. It wasn't much but a nice change. I felt it created a nice setting and focus.
Today is Mother's Day and it's been the nicest weather that we've had this whole week. This past week felt like fall in the middle of May, but today the sun is shining and it hasn't been too hot with a nice breeze. I've tried to spend just about every minute that I could sitting outside. I guess I should be spending out with all the boys, and I did play a few games, but I just can't waste a perfectly good day sitting outside. I couldn't convince any of them to come out side to hang with me except for Bret. We played some Prophet Concentration and Crazy Eight. I read a little bit and browsed Pinterest to think of all the ways I can change my house...you know, the norm.
Jarom and the boys fixed me a some dinner--whatever they could find and few of Jarom's add-ons: biscuits, french fries, fried bananas, leftover chicken pot pie, and probably whatever else needed to be eaten in the fridge.
This past week with my walks I noticed a lot of birds of variety of birds. Apparently, they've enjoyed the cooler weather. We have two Robin's that are trying to take over our home. They are very entertaining! They have continuously tried to build a bird nest on our front porch and get really mad when we sit on the porch. Now that they can't build their bird's nest because we keep moving it, they decided they would use our pool as a bird bath. I'm imagining in their minds they're saying, "take that."
Today I also tried to make a little more effort to make our home church a little more special. I had seen and heard what some others had been doing and thought it was a good way to set it apart. I cut some flowers and took a desk, set it up with a white table runner so it could be prepared for the sacrament. It wasn't much but a nice change. I felt it created a nice setting and focus.


Comments