Hyrum Is Thir"TEEN"
We have another TEEN.
Hyrum is thirteen.
This will make our third teen in the house.
It's a lot to take in.

His actual day was fairly non-eventful since we were driving home from our beach getaway at Tybee Island. I tried to make it special, a little, when we stopped at Burger King for lunch and asked if they gave anything for birthdays. They gave him a free ice cream cone. That gave him something to smile about.
Friday, the next day we celebrated his birthday. It too wasn't super exciting. One of his gifts was ordered and wouldn't arrive until a couple of weeks. (I'm really good at ordering gifts at the last minute and not having them when I need them.) I took him out to the store to buy some candy, which was one of the main things he asked for--sour candy. We had pizza for dinner. His favorite is with everything, including jalepano peppers. He loves those peppers and eats them straight from the jar (and sometimes garden). It must be a red-haired thing with his love for spicy and sour foods. For dessert, he has requested Jarom's chocolate cake with chocolate frosting for a couple of years.
A little bit about Hyrum going into his 13th year.
- He continues to show a love for things around the world and geography. For Christmas he had received a package (from Santa) to be delivered each month filled with treats with food from different parts of the world. For example:
- His best friends continue to be James and Ashton. They started making youtube videos and call themselves the Challenge Bros. (His older brothers make fun and give him a hard time about this, so I think he's kind of slacked off.)
- He loves sour candy.
- He discovered he likes fishing in the neighborhood, thanks to the Covid-19 lifestyle adpations.
- Subways chicken ranch sandwich.
- Loves France.
- His tablet.
A few other things I've observed about Hyrum:
He doesn't love breakfast, especially cereal, but when he does eat it he likes to eat leftovers, especially pizza, or make his own thing. A-matter-of-fact, he doesn't mind making his meals at all. He likes to try and make his version of the Subway sandwich he loves. He will make his own pizzas or chicken tenders as well. He's an eater!
He continues to suffer from "MCS" (middle child syndrome) as I call it. It's not easy trying to be an older kid or one of the younger ones.
He's become very determined. If he wants to do something then he will make it happen--even its not planned out very well--it still happens.
Currently, him and Marshall are constantly at each other. The wonderful world of brothers. :)
It doesn't care about his hair or how it looks. The battle with the cowlick he surrendered to and just went with bed head.
He insist on wearing a blazer for church.\
The grudges are getting longer--yay for teenagers.
We are so happy for Hyrum to be in our family! I hope his 13th year is a great one!







Comments