Another Sunday Home

I've lost track of how many weeks we have been caught up with this pandemic and it's still confusing on how to get back to life.  However, the country is slowly getting back to normal life with the coronavirus.  Groceries have gone up, gas has stayed pretty low.  Businesses are opening up but everywhere it's a little different on restrictions.  It's nice to not have to worry so much and I think most people have just accepted the risk.  Mask aren't required everywhere but we keep mask in the car, on hand, just in case.  

In the meantime, we are also in the middle of racial crisis.  It's a whole other feeling of emotions.  With social media we are able to see things that happen all over the world quickly and to open our eyes to things we may not be fully aware of.  On the other hand, social media can also manipulate, possibly control, and exaggerate things.  The result, a plethora of Google Scholars who can educate everyone on everything, and people doing crazy things.  Many protest have resulted throughout the country.  Many peaceful but also many destructive and ruining communities.  It has been a sad thing to watch this all unfurl.  

Today has been a quiet Sunday except for Tipton's outrage during Monopoly.  I cannot express how much I hate playing this game.  And sadly, playing it with Jarom makes it worse for me.  There are just some games I cannot play with him.  This is one of them.  Apparently, Tipton feels the same way.

(Church at home was super short...maybe we are getting relaxed on our planning.) 

Somehow following "church" we got on the subject of our names backwards.  We then proceeded to right them all down and said that would be our names for the day.  We could choose whether we wanted to use our first or middle name backwards.  It lasted half the day.  It was funny.
Here are the names we chose:
Moraj aka Yddad
Hteb aka Ymmom
Mail
Leon
Nnylf
Llahsram (that one was a mouthful)
Terb

I have noticed that Jarom likes to use nicknames with the boys, which I've heard his Papa use to do the same.  I guess he has a little Papa in him. :)

This past week I was helping my mom clean out her garage and found some old photos and albums of Dad's side of the family.  Mom said to just take them, Dad hasn't even looked at them, so I did.  I had recently been doing some work on my Me-Maw's side and knew her dad died in a plane crash but I could never find any information.  In the stack of photos, low and behold, there was a picture and newspaper article on the crash.  It was an exciting day.  He died exactly 50 years before I was born.


Comments