Northcutts Cove


Last Sunday we took a trip up to where the Church in the South and Jarom's family all began.
Northcutts Cove.





It was about a 2 hour drive and rained most of the way and the whole time we were there.  Maybe not the best planning but still a nice change of routine and opportunity for the boys to see some of their family history.  I could only recall coming here once before since knowing Jarom.  It wasn't anything as I remembered so it too was a nice little visit.
It was runned down, but still in decent condition.  We met up with Gary Blevins, Jr. (Buck) and his family to visit.  His family was also part of the first members.
















I took this out of humor that a Laura Smartt was buried there.
I found a little humor in this.





Being on the mountain and the rain it felt so cold.  It was the mid 60's but coming from upper 80's were freezing.  Tipton's namesake and the boys' great-great-great grandparents.

The boys great-great grandpa Lyman Beecher Smartt.




On our way back home we go through the "downtown."  Here was another church building.  It was so sad to see it abandoned and run down.  It is such a beautiful little building.









Comments