First Days of School

 The day finally came that the boys had to return to school.  It's been interesting as the school date was moved back and then way they would attend school.  




Yes, it is summer but those classrooms are cold so they always have a sweatshirt.

Marshall and Bret had to rise bright and early for actual school in the classroom.  They will go everyday as a normal school day.  They wear their mask almost all the time.  They do fine and have no problems with it, partly because Grandmother made them some awesome ones that fit their faces perfectly.  By Thursday, a fourth grade teacher and student had already tested positive for Covid-19.  We will see how long the every day class time will last.  

Some of the perks, is the boys don't have computer class, the classrooms are smaller, and they've been getting extra recess.  There is always a bright side to everthing.




None of them wanted a picture and I had to force them.

Hyrum, Tipton, and Liam have a hybrid schedule--3 days at home with digital learning and 2 days in class.  Due to our last name being at the end of the alphabet they go to class on Thursdays and Fridays.  It hasn't been too bad.  They have to have mask at school for different areas and in class it depends on their teacher.  Overall, no complaints actually it was positive feedback.  The boys really like having smaller classes.  For Tipton, his smallest class had 4 students.  It's pretty awesome.

Liam is a senior this year and really is hard to believe!  He is a hard working student and I'm excited to see where his future leads him.

I too started my fist day of school.  I've been really nervous but feel prepared.  All my classes are online or virtual.  I don't love it, simply because each teacher uses different formats and links to do their classes.  It's a lot more reading for sure!  However, by Friday I started to get a better feel of my classes and schedule.  Hopefully, I'll have a good rhythm down so I don't fall behind.  It's a full-time job taking a full load of classes.   It wasn't an easy decision to make but felt like the right time.  Jarom has been very supportive and the boys have tried to help a little more during the week.  That may be an adjustment that takes a little longer getting use to...Jarom even ironed his own shirt. ;)



Comments