Losers and Winners
This week has probably been one of the most intense weeks. It was the presidential election and very heated one at that. I thought Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump running was pretty dirty but the democrats and mainstream/social media (from my point of view) have made the past 3.5 years awful on the surface. Thankfully, Trump turned out to be a pretty good president.
This year has been one mess after another and they were out to get Trump. After some crazy debates (one we hope to erase from our minds), record-breaking voting numbers, some shady counting, and some of the tightest races I've ever witnessed, Joe Biden beat Donald Trump. Sadly, our state Georgie flipped form Republican to Democrat by about 7,000 votes. Biden winning by a couple tenths of the vote. A president wasn't declared until 4 days after the main election day. It's always a historical day, but this may literally go down in the books as a full chapter. It was a big loss for our family. We hope the next four years are bearable, but we do fear we will back into lockdown.
The next two losses were Marshall's soccer tournament and Tipton's last soccer game. Marshall played so hard and was an excellent player. His team was just awful. There isn't really a nicer way of putting it. The final score was 9-4, Marshall scoring all 4 goals.
Georgia also lost to Florida which left a household of boys in my house very unhappy.
On a HAPPY note...
The BYU cougars have been doing great during this weird Covid season. They are on fire and killed Boise. That made the Smartt boys all very happy.
Hyrum managed to finish out his season with 3 goals and some assist, with their final score 7-0. Hyrum had skipped out on playing in the fall the past few seasons. I think he was really glad to get back onto the field.
Jarom and Bret's team grew a lot over the season and came out as champions in the Silver bracket. Great start for Jarom's first year of coaching. The parents were all very pleased and I think Jarom really enjoyed coaching. Bret had a great two games scoring 3 in the first and 4 in the championship game. He is a true left-footer.
The last was with mixed emotions. I got my official acceptance to the University of Alabama which I was so excited. It's fun to accomplish this and to a well-known university. On the other hand, it's our big rival and my boys said I couldn't put the Bama sticker up anywhere in the house. I could put it on my laptop. haha I guess I'll just store it away in my keepsakes.
Sometimes we win sometimes we lose. It's good to experience both.





Comments