Senioritis
Senioritis
[ˌsēnyəˈrīdəs]
def: a supposed affliction of students in their final year of high school or college, characterized by a decline in motivation or performance.
We are hitting our final weeks with Liam in high school and we have, no doubt, been witnessing this so called thing called "senioritis". Liam is done. If it wasn't for soccer, than he would probably try to find ways to miss school just about every day. Now that they are back in school every day that helps a little, yet having hybrid schedule for so long, its hard to convince him school every day is even neccessary.
Liam also got a girlfriend and this has been a challenge for us as parents and him. It's a new stage of life and definitely been a learning experience.
For soccer, Liam was very motivated and worked really heard this year. He seemed to improve every game. His goal was for the team to qualify for state. And they did! He fought until the end. We didn't have much of a chance against Marist in the playoffs, according to their record, but if some of the other players had come with a better mindset, they really could have taken advantage of their mistakes. They were not exceptionally better than us. Liam played so hard. He got hit pretty hard too! At one point he couldn't even walk straight. I was sad to see them lose, but glad they didn't get beat badly.
Thanks to school photographer, they got some great shots of Liam at one of his games. Much better than any of my pictures.
Liam and Coach Andy
Here are few shots by the real photographer. :)
These pics were from Senior Night (Jarom was at Hyrum's game). I really saw how much weight I have put on...embarrassing. Liam is really tall!
Jarom and I are so different from the other parents. I went to take some pictures but so did all the other parents (mom and dad), grandparents, and other relatives. I warned Liam, we are not the norm. I think the oddest moment was Anna's dad wanted a picture with Liam. I thought, "this is not a wedding," but it sure looked like one! Liam found it pretty akward at times, he hates pictures.
![]() |
| I told him he should just wear the sliders and red shirt. It looked pretty good. |
![]() |
| He needed a suit for his mission, anyway. We had fun shopping and getting kicked out of the Kohl's dressing room. They were technically closed due to COVID, we just ignored the sign. ;) |
Liam for some reason thought we would let him go to an after-party from the prom. What planet has he been living on?! Our agreement, he can have one at our house. He wasn't thrilled and said only 4-5 people would be there. By 2am, when I finally shut that party down, I think about 13-14 people had been there and most of the time about 8-10. In the end, he said it was fun and thought he should have people over more often. Duh!

















Comments