End of July - Beginning New Chapters

 The last week of July was quite an eventful week and very much a whirlwind, at least for me.

Liam wrapped up his final days in the MTC.  He was so excited to finish up this part of his mission and get out into the field.  Uruguay still had not opened up its borders, so Liam was temporarily reassigned to the Wisconsin Milwaukee mission and where he would be heading out first.

Monday, I finished my final for statistics and Liam packed.  It's tricky packing for two years, especially trying to cover two missions.  We checked those lists and got everything covered.  Liam was ready to go!

Tuesday, we were notified that Liam's flight was delayed. We all had been anticipating his departure making the morning feel like it was dragging out.  We finally loaded up the car and headed to the airport only to find that his flight was moved back up while we were driving.  This left him little time for goodbyes.  However, we made it and it was just enough time!

Granpa, Anna, President Blevins (former), Lance and Kevin all made it to say one last goodbye.  It's always bittersweet.  I didn't tear up too much.  I was excited to see him go on this journey and I knew he was where he needs to be, however a part of me still worries that they are safe and have everything they need.  I think too, I had so much going on that week - that my mind was all over the place.








With Liam officially gone, each of the boys reacted differently.  Tipton immediately took over the role as the oldest.  As soon as we got home he moved all his stuff upstairs to FINALLY get his own room.  Hyrum was just happy to inherit Liam's phone.  Marshall, surprisingly, was the most affected.  As much as he drives everyone crazy, and Liam taunted him regularly, he almost cried at the airport.  He was upset that he didn't get to play soccer with him one last time.  Bret had mentally prepared himself for this day apparently.  He said he would just imagine Liam was his dead brother! hahaha

It's weird having one less person.

After the airport I promised Marshall and Bret we would go to Lake Winnie to use their certificates.  Waterslides were fun, but otherwise the biggest waste of money.  Very disappointing.

Wednesday, was a day of study for me, getting the boys ready for school, vacation, and enjoying a quick visit from our friends the Copelands.  Their family went to a Weezer, Fallout Boys, and Green Day concert in Atlanta, so they stopped by to swim and visit on their way home to Knoxville.  Jennifer is one of my favorite people, I was so glad that she asked if they could visit.

Thursday, this was a big final for me and I was really nervous.  In this class, the tests were hard despite the content.  I never really knew how to prepare and the final covered the entire course.  I had to score a certain score to maintain an A in the course.  Thankfully, it turned out to be my best test and I managed an A!  I could finally relax for a couple of weeks.

Friday, cleaning day, and prep for vacation.  I do not like to go on vacation with a dirty house.  There is nothing better than arriving home to a clean space.  Jarom found a great deal on tickets to Alaska, the catch we would be leaving bright and early, as in 3:30 am, for the airport.  Packing is the worst!

Saturday, it's my big 4-0!  I'll confess, somewhere in my mind I thought Jarom would throw some big surprise party for my birthday.  Knowing we were going to Alaska that was out the window.  It was uneventful spending most of it on an airplane or at the airport.  Cinnabon was nice and gave me a free cinnamon roll at the airport.  The highlight was getting a call from Liam.  I was really surprised!  One, I had just received the email he had finally arrived in Wisconsin and that he was in Madison.  Secondly, it wasn't his p-day making the call completely unexpected.  I was impressed he even remembered it was my birthday!  LOL

I can say that July went out with a bang.  It was a crazy week.  It may have been the end of the month but it was just the beginning for new things to come - mission, being in my forties, experiencing Alaska, and a new school year.

Comments