Part 2
Kindergaten has come to an end. What a fun grade! Tipton had absolutely no enthusiasm (not that he shows excitement often) for school. He openly expressed it. It didn't change much by the end of the year. However, I could tell "secretly" he liked it. He has a kind heart and very obsevant. I could probably tell you all about the other students in his class thanks to Mr. T. He told his teacher what he would miss most about kindergarten would be his chair and desk. Huh? Tipton is a guy who sticks to himself and content to do things by himself a lot of the time. However, I found with all the parties at the end of the year he has got quite a little possy that follows him around. I can't say enough about how great his teacher was for him this year. She was patient and loving to him. She did come to dinner at our house (you can recall here) and he couldn't wait to give her his gift.
I'm excited to see him continue to progress in first grade. Funny story, he has requested to be homeschooled. I had to laugh about this considering he is my "parenting 505" and I thought, "He must be looking for a death wish!" Then I considered getting another mom to homeschool him since there are plenty of homeschoolers in our area. . .maybe then he'd change his mind. Their afternoon of fun seemed really fun but he said it wasn't really BUT the tatoo was really cool.



I'm really proud of Tipton because going to school was a challenge for him everyday. As much as he hated "all that work" he did it anyway. He loved writing letters to his friends and he LOVES to draw. He's becoming a fine reader and starting to open up. Heck by the end of the year he finally wanted to take things for show-and-tell and he even read his project on stingrays out loud to his whole class. That just puts a smile on my face.
I'm excited to see him continue to progress in first grade. Funny story, he has requested to be homeschooled. I had to laugh about this considering he is my "parenting 505" and I thought, "He must be looking for a death wish!" Then I considered getting another mom to homeschool him since there are plenty of homeschoolers in our area. . .maybe then he'd change his mind. Their afternoon of fun seemed really fun but he said it wasn't really BUT the tatoo was really cool.
Congratulations to both of my boys on another great school year.
Comments