The Briar Patch

This is no Uncle Remus story.
Liam is no Brer Rabbit.
There is no trickery in this story.
Just Liam trying to find a berry patch on his bike.
We believe he took the wrong trail.
We know he took the wrong trail.
He found no berry patch.

We did meet some new neighbors.
They came to tell us our child needed help.
They would have brought him in their car but they had a 180 lbs dog in the backseat, didn't think that would help much.
Yes, I said 180 lbs
Yes, "lbs" are my initials.
That's another subject.

Liam did survive.
The briar patch wasn't kind.
Scratches from his arch to his mid-thighs.

Though he was in itchy, paper-cut-stinging kind of pain,
I took a picture.
He pleaded I not post it on Facebook!
I didn't.
I blogged about it.
I reminded him that he will think it's cool in about a week.
He can add it to his drama stories.
*Note: My first blog EVER was about Liam getting stitches.
I was right.
He thinks it's awesome.
Maybe I should start calling him Brer Liam?


Comments