What Do You Do?
Sometimes things call for drastic measures.
Like when you can no longer think for yourself and four other people!
When you are pulling your hair out (or the baby is pulling it out for you) trying to get things done and on time and everyone else is just sitting around.
When you think you have everything in the car and are ready to go and everyone else gets in the car and they haven't gotten any of the things you asked them to.
It's days like these that I'm pretty sure I will strangle a few people (my kids if you need any hints).
I'm over selective hearing or just flat out not listening at all.
I like to remind my boys that "Heavenly Father gave you a brain to use, so use it!"
I like to apply that saying to just about everything pertaining to the body especially when they fall to the ground because their legs can't carry them any further (like maybe to the drawer of silverware from the dishwasher) or they can't figure out how to pick up their toys and put them away (one has actually tried to convince me his hands were broken).
I too like to remind them that Heavenly Father can take these things away.
That's a little extreme, I know.
I realize also that this is not the most effecient way of teaching gratitude and that I am probably abusing my parenting rights in my Father's kingdom.
But I have done much better to lower my voice and say these things with a half smile.
I don't get stressed easily if at all.
I can handle a lot on plate (just look at my hips).
But recently the plate is full, overflowing and I need a break.
Thank goodness it's raining today. I think I'l do just that.
While I enjoy my rest and my handsome, smart boys learn to be more responsible they are grounded . . . for a while.
And if I have to tell them more than twice another day gets added.
So far they have gained two extra days of such "torture."
Ahhh, but this morning they finally started to figure it out.
I think next week will be much better.
Comments